slow wireless

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by jdog12, Jun 18, 2005.

1. jdog12

jdog12 New Member

i just got my netgear super g wireless router as i was having some connection problems.... now i can connect but it is really slow.. let me break it down

-3 computer, 2 desktops(1 is connected via ethernet to router) and one laptop

- i am having speed issues.. the laptop will only download stuff at aobut 250k a second.... the desktop that has the wireless will only do about 100k a second downloads(laptop has an atheros based wireless card, the desktop has a Texas instruments based card) then i go download the same thing off the internet from the desktop and am getting around 470k sec downloads

-downloads have been tested from the internet, and downloads from computer to computer(even from hard wired one) speed issue is still there.

-i can have one computer connected wirelessly, or both of them connected at the same time... the speed issue does not change.

- in router settings i have tried w/ "b and g mode" and with "g mode only"

-i have tried disabling wep and the speed issue is still there

-distance/signal does not appear to be the issue as i have tried this from my room(2 stories up and a lil bit over) and w/ laptop next to the router.

any suggestions?

2. jdog12

jdog12 New Member

running latest version of firmware on router

tried turning off extended range feature and that didnt help either

changing the channel used also did not help.

gotta love how i bought this router for its better speeds and its actually slower... the old 11b router allowed the full speed internet downloads.