Slight problem after power outage: G4 Mini

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Cannondale, May 18, 2008.

1. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

I had my Mini hooked up to an APC battery backup when the power went out. It shut down the computer safely (I thought), but my monitor isn't on the battery backup. When the power finally came back on, it wouldn't boot. The power light didn't even come on. I tired putting it in another room on another circuit, nothing.

I decided to leave it unplugged overnight and it worked the next day. My question is, does the power supply have a safety in it, or am I likely to have a problem in the future? This computer is less than half a month away from my Apple Care expiring, and I don't want it to fail just after I can't get it fixed again. Has anyone else had this problem?

2. IcyHot4Life

IcyHot4Life Str8 Ballin'

more than likely, the power management unit just needed to be reset. Leaving the mac unplugged for half an hour is usually one way to reset the PMU. No cause for alarm.

3. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

Thanks! :big grin:

4. IcyHot4Life

IcyHot4Life Str8 Ballin'

Like I said earlier, I'm sure the computer's fine, but if you're a bit paranoid about it, go ahead and traipse through the console.log and system.log files to see if the computer reported anything weird around the time of the power outage. I'm 99.99% sure it's just fine, though.