A&P slide film

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by lemans23, Dec 20, 2004.

1. lemans23

lemans23 PV - The Vision of Sound

2. Jcolman

Jcolman OT Supporter

I take my slide film to a local lab. You don't need to project your slides to view them. A small slide viewer is all you need or you can simply have them burned to a CD and view them on your computer like any other digital photo.

3. lemans23

lemans23 PV - The Vision of Sound

wait wait wait. u have that nice gallery on pbase, taken with the elan iie correct? how do u actually get them done? like u take it to the shop and they give u the pics, or theyre digitalized and u upload them? i'm really not understanding this.

4. BlackWRX

BlackWRX New Member

Slide film is processed as a positive. In order to print it, you have to first make a negative of it, then process the positive print. When you shoot slide film you will get it developed into slides and use a slide viewer/something to view them with and choose which ones you want printed. Prints of slides are usually more expensive than negative prints.

5. mojito

mojito New Member

you take it or mail it to a lab. They call it E6 proccessing. If its a good local shop, they usually do constant runs so its less than 3 hours to have it proccessed and mounted. you get the pics as slides like for a projector, then scan them into a comp and you're set

6. Jcolman

Jcolman OT Supporter

Not me, you're thinking of someone else.

A little information about slide filme. Slide film (also called "chrome film" after Kodachrome, Ektachrome, Fujichrome, etc.) is usually used by professionals who are going to have their photos published. An example is this shot:
    [​IMG] I shot this for a story that was published in a sailing magazine.

Shooting slides is a bit more demanding because your exposure has to be right on. With negatives, you can fudge the exposure and still get a good print. As others have mentioned, you can make prints from slides but you need to make an internegative first, that is you or the lab, shoots a negative of the slide.

Before photoshop came along, slide film was used to create some special effect shots where you could "sandwich" two slides together and re-photograph them to create a new picture. An example is this shot:

[​IMG]

A shot of the boat was sandwiched with a shot of the moon, and a blue filter was added to create the above picture. Today, it's much easier to do this in photoshop.