SRS Sleeping problems

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by The Mighty Megatron, Jun 9, 2005.

1. The Mighty Megatron

The Mighty Megatron Secondborn of the best drummer known to man

Hey Asylum crew, need your help again.

Since my summer vacation started a few weeks ago, I haven't been able to go to sleep until I see the sun rising through the reflection of the window in my monitor. At first it was fine, because I'd sleep 'til 12 or so, wake up, and go about my day. But now it's gotten worse. I've gotten to the point where I think to myself "Well, I'll be up late, and I don't want to sleep all day, so I'll take some benadryl/nyquil and let the anti-histamines take me down before sun rise.", and then I take some meds to sedate me, and then I go to sleep only about an hour early, and I sleep LONGER now. It's beginning to worry me. I want to stay up until 1 or 2, because I have a lot of things I do online and I'm not allowed to connect until after 10, but I don't want to keep increasing my dosage (which is what I have been doing) and getting the same effect. I started out slow, maybe one or two benadryl, but as the days have progressed I've been taking 5 or 6 benadryl and slamming 1/3 of a bottle of Nyquil, and no matter what, I'm always up till sunrise. I've tried taking it all just before I get online to give it the amount of time it seems to take to kick in. I've even tried laying in my bed for HOURS, but to no avail...

What the hell am I gonna do? I miss being awake and running around with my friends during daylight, but now it's as though I'm becoming lethargic or some shit.

Thanks guys

2. The Mighty Megatron

I have daily band practice in which I play the drums (massive double bass included) for at least 1 1/2 hours. I just can't seem to bet enough energy exherted, it would seem.

3. The Mighty Megatron

Maybe some late night jogging? I've got sun-senstive skin, so it's pretty hard to do much exercising.

4. The Mighty Megatron

Hello SPF 666....

5. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

another thread dealt with sleep problems as well. i would head to a doctor and have your iron levels checked. iron deficiency can make you tired. maybe you have some form of anemia. :dunno:

6. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:doh: must be nice... when my brother was younger, he used to mow lawns in the neighborhood. he and my mom would be freaking dark by just hanging outside for a bit. he still tans well. me? not so much. the sun hates fair-skinned redheads like me. :hs:

:rofl: even though i live in the sunshine state, i'm always pretty white.

7. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I would get cable internet or something, i think you have dial-up, and cannot connect because your parents need to use the phone or something? Another way of providing yourself internet would improve your sleeping habits, and would enable you to goto bed around 9:30 pm in the evening.