Sleeping Aids

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by erok81, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erok81

erok81 All your canyons are belong to me!!

Yes I have sleeping Aids.

Have any of you used OTC type sleeping aids? I am usually in bed for 8 hours but between trying to fall asleep and constanly waking up then trying for 30-45 minutes to fall back to sleep, I am probably averaging 3-4 hours total sleep a night - and that isn't even constant. :hs:

I really don't want to take sleeping pills, but I don't know what else to do. I've tried p7 and all that does it put me in some pre-sleep coma but doesn't help fall asleep. Although my dog licked my arm once after applying the p7 and what ensued was funny as hell.

The last stim I take is after lunch coffee at around 2pm and I go to be at 10ish. I don't eat a couple hours before bed. I've tried watching tv, not watching tv, reading, music...the only thing that has worked is drinking 9-10 beers a night, but I try not to do that anymore; at least not during the week. :rofl:

Cliffs. I can't sleep worth a damn and need some suggestions on sleep aids.

2. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

:rofl: you have aids

3. 4cd-Air

4cd-Air Rape seemed like the next logical step

ZMA
    Melatonin
    Marajuana
    Valarian Root
    Ejaculation
    Booze

4. Hogzilla

Hogzilla New Member

I *love* Melatonin, it works better than any otc or prescription item i've taken. Instead of knocking me out it just makes me feel as if I'm naturally really tired. I've been taking it about 3 weeks now and my sleeping patterns are starting to even out for the first time in 10 years.

5. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Active Member

6. Marix

Marix OT Supporter

7. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

:werd:

... but seriously... who stole my kidney???

8. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

ECY stack around 10pm. Wash it down with a Redbull.

9. giz

giz Active Member

melatonin. I started at 3mg but now use 6mg. best otc sleep aid I've ever tried.

10. giz

giz Active Member

you'll have awesome dreams too.

11. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

I used to have sleeping issues too.

I stopped watching tv before bed, stopped eating before bed, and got on a real sleep schedule and it helped a lot.

But for a couple years I tried tons of stuff. Nyquil, melatonin, Tylenol PM, sleepytime tea, alcohol, weed, etc...

Nyquil was a bad idea. You have fucked up dreams and feel like a truck hit you when you wake up.. and sleeping through your alarm is a frequent hazard as well. Not to mention the first couple hours of being awake still feel like you're dreaming. I fucking hated it, but I still did it for like over a month straight.

Melatonin worked great. It is a very natural feeling or sleepiness and worked the best overall... however, you build up resistance and constantly require more.

Tylenol PM worked well, but was kinda the same as nyquil, just not as severe with more of a natural sleepiness. Def. works, but I would still prefer melatonin.

Sleepytime tea is good, but not very powerful... it may not be enough to get you to bed and keep you sleeping.

Alcohol works... my choice was usually whiskey. Problem though is that you feel stupid dehydrated the next morning and you start require more and more to fall asleep.... BAD IDEA

Weed works pretty similarly to melatonin IMO. Pretty natural, helps keep you asleep, and does not give crazy dreams. However, the weed often gives me headaches the next morning.

- Therefore, I recommend melatonin as the best solution.... weed being second best. Tylenol PM is good if other stuff just isn't cutting it though.... But I wouldn't try to stay on Tylenol long-term.

12. erok81

erok81 All your canyons are belong to me!!

Damn, thanks for typing that out, and everyone else's help. Maybe I'll give melatonin a try. Sounds like the best option for me anyway.

With melatonin, you wake up like normal right? No grogginess?

And giz, how long did it take you to build up to 6mg?

13. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Yeah, melatonin didn't really give me any grogginess aside from just feeling a bit dehydrated waking up... but after a glass of water I was good.

14. HorseDick

HorseDick Active Member

lol @ aids

PureSAP is supposed to be great. It's the "sleep aid" in PowerFULL which I've taken before, and that shit gave me the most amazing sleep EVER. Can get it from NutraPlanet.

I take ZMA everynight, and Melatonin once in awhile....both help a lot.

15. giz

giz Active Member

I am groggy if I don't get at least 7 or so hours

I never really "built-up," after using it 20 times or so I decided to try 6mg and haven't gone back. I pass out quicker and sleep deeper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.