Sleepin on teh floor.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by toOn, Aug 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toOn

toOn New Member

I hear its good for your back. But I also hear its bad for you. I've looked around for info but nothing conclusive, so I decided to consult OT.

Anyone know much or experiences or etc?

I have trouble with my back and neck - random aches and pains, but nothing major. Was basically wondering if sleeping on the floor would be beneficial.

2. Sand Hanitizer

Sand Hanitizer Active Member

Sleeping on the floor

James T - [email protected]

Hi, I'm 25 years old, male living in sunny south Florida. Nice humid weather aside, ... Dayum, what is going on lately with my BUTT!? Tried sitting in a chair then lifting your leg out? BAD IDEA! My gosh, at first I wasn't to sure what this pain was, now after reading from this website, I'm convinced my tail bone is injured.

Actually after spending the night at mothers house, a full house, where I got the lovely blow up mattress, I've had this pain. What happened was during my terrible sleep that night, the mattress decided to do me a favor and deflate. (Cats fault I'm sure!) Well I remember waking up during the night and feeling myself FLAT on the floor, saying ... shit, this sucks, but being to tired to care, so I just slept there on the floor face to the ceiling. When mom woke me to coffee, I got up and crippled over like I was 78! Mother saw the mattress and was like what happened. Screw the blow up, what about my BUTT! She giggled and said, 'Oh honey , you probably bruised your tailbone'. I just brushed it off really. Went home, and the pain is STILL around. It's been a month now.

The kicker is...I HAVE TO SIT TO WORK! I'm in a music studio glued to synthesizers and computers...if you can imagine (OH, and playing excellent keyboards require a VERY upright position, which is almost impossible now. There is just no way around this pain, thus yet.

Now, I must say that I did, or I guess still do, have a herniation of L5-S1 vertebra, which from reading says might play a factor. I doubt that it's anything tumorous, being as I noticed the pain after what seems to be a 'injury' (sleeping on the FLOOR). I guess the bottom line is I need to be seen. Back to my orthopedic, whom I thought I'd hopefully never see again. Giggle, all he did for me last year with the herniation, was PT and pain medication. Davrocet, which by the way, only made the pain less worry some, seeing as my mood was improved, but um...the pain was still there.

dont sleep on the floor

3. toOn

toOn New Member

yea i read that somewhere

but then i read ... "this guy has had back pains for 10 years, then he slept on the floor and its all gone. and since then he sleeps on the floor and hes all good"

4. Durk

Durk New Member

That's it, I'm selling it. "A single night in our special floor and all your problems are gone. Wake up healthy, painless, and looking like Brad Pitt :eek4: (in Fight Club, of course) CALL NOW! Only 139,95!!1" :bowdown:

5. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Probably better just to get the right kind of pillow, a good mattress and learn to stretch.

6. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Read and reread that as pantiless for some reason...:mamoru:

7. Elfling

Elfling New Member

:rofl:

8. FINALBOSS

FINALBOSS

:naughty:

9. Durk

Durk New Member

I could make some arrengements :hsughno: