Sleep deprivation killing my routine

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by fahrfrumlosin, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fahrfrumlosin

fahrfrumlosin OT Supporter

For the last year or so I've been pretty good at going to the gym. I typically go 5days a week for cardio and now I mix it up as Cardio + Lifting (Arnolds). But as of late, when I get home from work, I cant help but fall asleep, then by the time I wake up, around 10ish, its too late to go to the gym to get my full routine. This has been a problem for the last 3 weeks. Its gotten so bad, literally last week, I was only at the gym a total of 2/5 days.

I tried getting to sleep earlier, but I cant seem to get asleep till before 1AM, then I have to get up by 7:20AM to get here at work by 8:30AM. When I went on Saturday, I realized my stamina in cardio decreased since I've been lifting more than cardio for the last 2 weeks prior.

I just cant seem to fix my routine...Ideally 3 days lifting, 3 days cardio, 1 day rest / week but sleep is owning me... Should I force myself despite being sleepy to go to the gym?

2. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

I don't know what I'd do if I didn't get 7+ hours of sleep a day... (10+ on weekends)

talk to your doctor about it, there is medication out there for your disorder.

3. gstrdr1

gstrdr1 Active Member

Go straight from work to the gym. I have to go right to the gym from work otherwise if I go home and sitdown, I'll never make it back out of the house.

4. IsayHELLA

IsayHELLA CBS cares

werd...if i sit down im not goin anywhere

5. Nightmist

Nightmist Power Metal Crew >* \m/ \m/

get some ambien or lunestra to help you get to bed earlier. I hear they help a lot.

6. tekmode

tekmode Active Member

I have the same problem about sleeping, but I just go to the gym around 9PM and sleep around 12am, wake up at 7am.

7. Grouch

Grouch Guest

i like naps

8. lif

lif New Member

Beat off before you go to bed, this is a serious post.

It's been found to help people sleep due to the chemical changes in the brain :eek3:

9. dirtysouthboy

dirtysouthboy New Member

ha, i do that.

For a while I was having a really hard time getting to sleep so I would take a hit of weed and I would sleep good. I only did it for a little while and I don't do it anymore.

10. grampositivecocci

grampositivecocci New Member

i just got myself into a regular routine. Oversleeping is the worst thing I personally can do for my sleeping pattern so I just force myself up even on my days off.

11. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

I find if i'm off at 4:30, come straight home (4:50) take a nap till 6pm, then go to the gym i have a TON more energy. small quick regarging naps i find help me.

after the workout, knock back a protien shake and get ready to sleep cause i'll be passed out after a hot shower.

12. xela

xela So say we all!

That is so true. If I can't sleep (which is rare) I'll just masturbate and I fall asleep in an instant. :o

And I work out right after work. I come home, walk my dog, change and then go out.

13. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

get out of the habit of napping after work.... have something to eat then go right to the gym, THEN go to sleep

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.