Sleep Apnia questions

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by fatmoocow, Jun 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fatmoocow

fatmoocow bored OT Supporter

So, last checkup I had with the doc a while back, he's just asking random questions, and says "are you tired all the time?" I'm like ya and basically diagnoses me with sleep apnea, which my gf confirms. I snore and stop breathing constantly while I sleep. It was kinda weird because he was tipped off by discoloration in the armpits. Dunno what that's caused by.

Well this has basically correlates highly with my becoming a giant fatass. Apparently it can actually cause increased weight due to increased appetite, lower energy, etc, and increased weight makes it worse.

Im guessing my test levels are retarded low as well.

That said, what does OT recommend. Doctor can have me do a sleep study to get a darth vador mask to wear at night :ugh: . I'm wondering if I can get him to "unlock other achievements" http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=3836974 lose a bunch of weight and probably get by. :dunno:

As things are going now shit is not going good. Traveling job working with cawksuckers on an expense account with no time to sleep much less work out.

2. fatmoocow

Fuck I'm in fucking manhatten ordering room service because I'm to tired and pissed off to go out.

3. CPop

CPop New Member

Get the sleep study done. Wear the mask if you need one. Lose the weight if you don't need/want to be that big. Don't mess around with this.

4. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

lose weight

5. albutt

albutt OT Supporter

the mask helps a lot and if you lose enough weight after using it you might not need to use the mask anymore. I used to have severe sleep apnea and after i lost some weight it got better. The other options are kind of:ugh: my doctor suggested that i might have to break my jaw and nose and move shit around :o

6. keeler

keeler New Member

dedicate yourself to weight loss. sleep apnea will the the first of a long line of many problems from being overweight. It takes work and dedication but its actually not that difficult once you get used to making the right choices and exercising.

7. Doog

Doog New Member

If you get a cpap you'll probably end up barely using it, its a bitch. That being said, I suggest other routes to fix the problem. Start by doing what everyone else has already suggested, lose wieght.

8. igo4bmx

igo4bmx WHAT WHAT WHAT THE FU OT Supporter

man i have the same problem.

9. 007

007 Riden, sliden, whipin and dippin, my chrome strips

use a cpap, force yourself AND lose weight, hit this mother fucker from all angles.

10. Damnation

Damnation OT Supporter

lol i had that same problem when i was bigger. i'd wake up and start laughing at myself

11. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

I had the same problems and decided to drop some weight instead of getting a CPAP. Fuck being fat, it sucked.

12. njftw

njftw New Member

my dad has sleep apnia, been using a machine for about 5 years or more to sleep. Did the sleep study, all that non-sense, had the nose surgery to try and fix the snoring... and he has been overweight for his age.

He is trying to lose weight now though, bought an elliptical for the house, I'm proud of him.

13. trancezj

trancezj New Member

don't think that fixing the apnia will fix your weight, you need to fix your weight first.

and weight isn't always it, I'm no where near over weight and I have it. It causes me to be tired and have high blood pressure. I'm not wearing a mask though, maybe I'll just die.

14. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

having a muscular kneck or small airway (Ihave both :wtc:) can cause the same issues

15. bigdamray

bigdamray New Member

LOSE WEIGHT!! I wear mine every night. It has helped me tremendously. Even though I lost 50 pounds and am very lean, I'm just too big to get rid of it. I have too much muscle and my neck is too big. I'm not interested in getting down to 180 pounds and losing 30 pounds of muscle, so I'm stuck with a cpap. My doctor also said that even if I got down to 180 I would probably have to have my tonsils removed to cure my apnea. Do cardio, eat right, lose weight.

16. bigdamray

bigdamray New Member

I had nose surgery as well.

17. trancezj

trancezj New Member

werd. same here. plus I have alergies and stay clogged half the time.

18. fatmoocow

18.5" neck and 38" waist ftl

Gonna fire up the thermorexin today

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.