Skype and Bluetooth headsets?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by mdaniel, Sep 27, 2007.

1. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

I'm trying to get Skype to work with Bluetooth headsets but its not working. The only BT equipped PC I have is a 3 year old Sony laptop running XP Pro SP2. I have two BT headsets: A Jabra BT250 and a Motorola H700. I can pair both with the PC and see them listed in BT devices. But neither shows up as an audio device in Control Panel or Device Manager so Skype can't use them. Both headsets are identified as audio devices in the Windows BT manager. Is there another step I need to take?

2. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

You need to find the bluetooth driver for the chip in the laptop (probably WIDCOMM). The default MS bluetooth stack won't pair headsets as audio devices. It doesn't have profiles for them for some weird ass reason.

3. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

Thanks. So far, all I've seen is that its made by Sony and the only driver they have is from 2004 when the machine was originally launched. I'll do some digging and see what I can find.

If I bought a BT adapter for another PC, it should come with its own driver stack right? Sort of how most wifi cards come with a connection utility even though Windows has its own? Can you recommend any good ones?