GUN SKS Questions

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Nilraf, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Nilraf

Nilraf New Member

Hi all, I'm fairly new to buying guns, but not new to the whole gun scene. I started hunting when I was 12 years old and have been handling guns since I was 10. Mostly they have been my father's but for my 19th birthday I asked for money so I could buy a weekend plinking rifle. I've been looking mostly at the SKS. It has two obvious pro's: the fact that the gun and ammo are both dirt cheap. It also has some cons, it has to have a fixed mag (californian), and almost all of the guns are used. I was just wondering what some of the drawbacks of buying a used gun are, as it seems like most gun shops don't offer any warranty on these guns.

On a second note, does anyone know of a kit SKS for sale online? I think this would be ideal, becuase I could get it new, and I could get it shipped right to my door. Thanks for all of your valuable input!

James

2. twofourtysx

twofourtysx New Member

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

As TwoFourty said cannt get one shipped to you unless you have c&r license. SKS's are pretty reliable as long as you check out the bore before buying and none of the previous owners did any bubba mod's should have no problems.

4. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

So much good cheap stuff on there I can't buy in commiefornia :wtc: