SRS Skipping School, Falling Grades *Long Read*

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by MowingMex, Feb 15, 2006.

1. MowingMex

MowingMex Guest

Ever since last school year (my freshman year in highschool) my grades started to slip and they never stopped falling. Another thing that started happening is I was beginning to skip a day here and there no big deal right? Well things got worse and now my grades are failing grades or barely passing and I sometimes skip 3 of the 5 school days.

I feel sick and horrible inside everytime I skip a day and lie to my parents about going. The reason they never find out about me skipping is the school only calls with an automated messege that once listened to is considered checked by your parents. Also it is easy to make a fake note or have someone call in pretending to be your dad or mom. So far this semester I have skipped 7 days I believe and only 2 of them have been excused or can be excused without having my parents lie.

There is a deep hate for school as there seems to be in everyone and I am stressed out most of the time during the day. I cant seem to pay attention and I keep trying to think I have ADD or something which is a contributing factor to why I am anxious in classroom settings and stressed. My parents have been going through a divorce for years now and it is getting rediculous at first no one wanted to pay for anything or some bullshit and whenever they see eachother there is a change of tone from both of them and normally a argument erupts. My mom is trying to get as much money from my dad as possible and basically talks shit about him. My dad on the other hand trys to get me to call my mom and spend time with her but like I said he would rather be dead then do the same. My mom always complains about money and so does my dad because of what is going on in the family.

I have decided to have a talk with my dad tonight about how I have been skipping school and I don't know why. I am also going to tell him how sorry I am about it and promise I will try my very best not to ever skip again and also try my very best to pull my grades back up. I am hoping that if I do that then all will be forgiven. So I am asking the rest of you that maybe have kids of your own if your son came to you and confessed how would you feel and would you forgive them. Also I am asking about my situation I am stressed all the time and I hate going to sleep because I know when I wake up I have to go to school.

Go ahead and ask me any further question just FYI I am now 16 but I can't drive I will by summer time (3 months), I am also not a fag at school meaning that I am not picked on or bullshit like that I am just stressed like I said. Also I have skipped school the past 2 days :wtc:

2. michaele36

michaele36 New Member

Bro, I did the same thing and thats why i'm in alternative school now. This program stoped me from droping out or getting my ged. Call your school bored and ask if they have a drop out prevention program or an alternative school program. You only go for 2 and half hours aday and its all online. I love this school and i should be out a year earlier then i would be in normal school. send me an instant message sometime. njoutlaw88 is my screen name

3. MowingMex

MowingMex Guest

:eek3: that sounds great, I am not sure if my school district offers that but there are school around here called charter school that offer that type of schooling, I talked to him about those but he basically hated on it, naming transportation a huge issue if it was online it would solve me problems. :noes:

4. The Secretary

The Secretary My domestic skills will rock your socks off!

This sounds to be a parenting issue. Divorce is devasting as proved in this case. I hate people that talk bad about their ex spouse especially in front of their children becuase now she is using you as a tool to get back at your dad. Your dad isnt helping matters either. Are you living with your mom or dad? I would be straight up with your mom becuase you are old enough and tell her enough is enough that if she is going to act like a 3 year old and pitch a bitch fit and talk trash about your dad than you wont hear of it. If she wants to be a leech then do it on her own time not yours. The parents need to leave you out of the divorce proceedings and division of assets, you are just much your dads child as you are your moms.

What goes in your home life will directly relate to other areas of your life. You have started a very viscious cycle with the skipping school thing, find a guidance counsler a mentor at your school or another place, if you trust them enough then spill the beans to them. Its better to talk about it with someone that to keep it all inside, and it will give you a more objective opinion if they have one.

5. Jay Pheezy

Jay Pheezy New Member

Before you try an alt. ed. school, if you're planning on trying to go to school most of the time, talk to your counselor about a 504 plan. It gives you extra time to do work etc. and they give you leniency because it denotes you have a problem with being in school and blah blah. I don't know if thats what they call it every where but they call it 504 plan here. could help you out. By the way, what do you do when you skip, is it really worth it?

6. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

There is too much stress in your life to properly focus on your study. You basically have to withdraw from that stress , but since a divorce always comes back to you, therefore you should try to convince your parents to get on better

terms with eachother by telling them the money isn't really worth it, and how they should stop putting darkness and hatred in their lives. They have to asks themselves what in godsname they are doing and realise how bad this whole divorce thing is effecting everybody, in addition to that you could tell about your school problems and how you are going to attend secondary school.

You are living a rocky life in a unsteady enviroment, you have to cut off the toppings of all this stress so you are able to cope , you have to see yourself as a tea kettle that can only put 'that' much pressure before it explodes, now and every then you have to put the lit off to release the stress. This so you won't go to school constantly thinking 'omfg i hate this'. A bit of pressure to do school can be a good thing, but i advice you to try to stabilize things so your life can enter more calm waters in which you can function compared to the rapids that you are currently in.

7. michaele36

michaele36 New Member

yeah i use a program called novelstars.com its a good thing. like i said call your school bored and ask them. some people that do this program do it from home.

8. Tehrod

Tehrod New Member

you should get your shit together honestly. if you can't pass high school i don't think you can pass anything else in your life. in order to pass high school, you pretty much just have to be able to hold your breath.

9. Lucifer

Lucifer New Member

Funny, he posted in OT that he has always had straight As but is getting kicked out of school because someone framed him for blowing up a toilet. He also posted that some girl was claiming he raped her so he threatened her new boyfriend.

I'm starting to question the validity of his posts.

10. bimmer318

bimmer318 I'm out of applesauce

At least you can get girls ...so you know you're not completely worthless

11. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

well, you're not allowed to take shit from the asylum out of it, so I expect that to be respected.

12. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Another Zombie Thread, id close it =\