Skinny Azn Kid #3 Startup

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by jaysian, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaysian

jaysian New Member

Hello All
    Been doin some readin in the F&N Forum lately since i have made the final effort to go to the gym regularily now. Just decided to post up and see if you guys have any thoughts.

22Years Old 5'10 156lbs fairly skinny build (would like to get up to 160-165)

Going to the gym around 5 days a week now. Usually run about 1km beforehand to get warmed up and stretch.
    Day 1 - Chest/Shoulders
    Day 2 - Legs/Abs
    Day 3 - Arms/Traps/Back
    And basically repeat the cycle. Still looking at the 5x5 program.

So far i am just taking a Multivitamin and have started taking
    Nutrabolics - Isobolic Whey Protein.

Come to think of it, now that finals are starting, i probally will be goin everyday now or else i will go insane because of school.

Post yo thoughts!

2. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

looks good. You might be better off doing full body 3x a week for a while at first though.

You can still go to the gym 5 or 6 days a week, just do cardio and midsection stuff on the days between the workouts.

If you're happy with your routine I think it looks good. Only thing that makes me think it could use some revision is that you have legs on day 2, but traps/back the next day, which means that you can't really do deadlifts on day 2 because you'll be working traps again the next day, and if you do them on day 3 then you won't e allowing your posterior chain to recover from the leg workout on the previous day.

Complications like that are one of the many reasons why the full body routine is so popular. By doing bodypart splits it's harder to do lots of compound movements because it's common that you'll end up working the same thing two days in a row. Plus full body allows you to work everything 3x a week rather than 2.

Just something to consider.

3. Mojo

Mojo New Member

how many calories are you taking in a day?
    and what does your routine look like?

4. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

you know from experience?

5. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

seriously, skel... have you gotten stronger and/or leaner since that photo that's around of you?

6. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

I'd say go with a upper/lower split going to the gym 4 times a week while watching your diet. You want to make sure you getting enough QUALITY nutrients to grow. I don't know that much about diet so take a look aroudn the stickies/archives and read up. Good luck dude.

7. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

like I said in other threads, for the 4-5 months I did bill starr i added 80 lbs to my squat and dl, and 40 to my bench.. not that great but i wasn't doing a very hard routine and missed a week here and there. Given that information I think I made some nice gains, and also a good 10 lbs before gaining more bodyfat and having flab like now :o.

8. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

that photo was taken like last week. My apperance has nothing to do with my goals, and I looked the same minus a few bf% when I was still doing strength training.

I'm 6'4" so 220 lbs bench and 300lb squat/315ish DL isn't that impressive, but it's way better than what I was doing when I started.

I've also gained 35 pounds since march because I had my jaw wired shut for 2 months, so some bodyfat is expected.

Can we not derail this dudes thread with your faggoty bullshit? I already said I wouldn't go giving people advice on shit that I haven't tried personally or at least read a lot about, and I haven't since I said that.

9. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

congrats on the strength gains... but fatter now? didn't i see u telling people how to lose flab in that "how many grams of fat..." thread?

10. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

that started exactly at post #2

11. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

i was speaking on theory about cals in cals out because people were asking retarded hypothetical questions that would never be put into action... I don't think that really counts.

12. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

no it started when fags want to try and call me on anything and everything i post because they love penis up their butt.

You guys never help anybody with shit, at least I'm doing something.

End of discussion, like I said, don't want to derail this dudes thread plus I have shit to study.

13. kit99bar

kit99bar USPA Class 2, weak, old man!

I think alot of people will give you the same opinion as Skeletor here:

"try out the bill starr for a few months first because it is useful for a new guy to build a base first. "

Here's a good link of very good info!
    http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm

14. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

Dude wants to gain 10 lbs through 5x5.... I did exactly that this year, so I'm telling him what worked for me and why. Go get your nipple rings pulled on and do 20 sets of bicep curls, douchebag.

15. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

that's why i asked u first what ur gains were before anything... it's just funny a guy at ur bf% tellin ppl how to eat and what not

16. jaysian

jaysian New Member

Whoa guys..settle.but thanks for the comments

Umm im tryin to eat about 5 times a day now, definatly a change from my usualy routine.
    I will give your guy's suggestions some more thought. Origionally i was on a upper/lower split days and rotation but i figured a 3 day cycle would be better.

i think ill get my BF% done at the fitness center at school one of these days. But now its mostly just working out and studyin! Yay for working out cause i feel much better now, but blah on studyin

17. Toxicity

Toxicity New Member

Back on topic. Why the weak-minded goals? u want to get up 4 lbs? That will happen to you after a week or two when u start working out.

18. jaysian

jaysian New Member

Ahh just startin out slow i guess. I am mostly concerned about gaining muscle mass rather than strictly weight (water weight)

Also to improve my strength

19. jaysian

jaysian New Member

Took a day off today, super sore.
    The eating thing is definatly hard to keep up with! Back to the gym tomorrow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.