SRS Situation with my Ex-GF v.repost

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Brakkiss, May 24, 2007.

1. Brakkiss

Brakkiss Guest

I posted this on OnTopic already, but wanted to see what I would get here.

This is going to be very livejournal.com, so bear with me.

So, about 2 weeks ago, I started signing back onto my old AIM sn for shits and giggles. One night I came home and noticed a familiar sn had sent me a message while I was away. It was my 3rd ex-gf from 2 years ago. She didn't know who I was at first.

Later she sent me another message while I was online and we chatted for quite a long time. Things, for once, went really well between us. Unfortunately, when I knew her, she was a very self-destructive, emotionally insecure and unstable person. For me, this caused a "Knight In Shining Armor Syndrome". I wanted to rescue her from all her bad relationships and bad guys. I tried, overdid it, and she flipped. We stopped dating and speaking for the better part of the last 2 years.

Since then, we've both had multiple failed relationships. She tried to contact me multiple times in the last 2 years and was met with disgust and resentment (immaturity on my part).

BUT NOW BACK TO THE PRESENT:

Over the last 2 weeks, we've been talking more and more. She's sent me text messages and MySpace messages. Things have now progressed to the point where when I point to how sneaky she's been at getting back into my life, she claims she's trying to make things very obvious.

Drunkenly, last night, she sent me the following text message:

"It's odd that I've no right to claim you, but I feel compelled to be faithful.
    <3 "Her Name" "

which was quickly followed by another text message:

"Please forgive me for being confusing and drunk. I'm just...silly. <3 "Her Name" "

I didn't bring it up when we were talking earlier on AIM, but she did - telling me she was very embarrased.

As the conversation went on, I alluded to her sneakiness again, to which she retorted about her trying to make things very obvious.

My response:

Me: I think you don't want me to know how deep the rabbithole goes
    Her: just come and find out ;-)
    Her: shower time!
    She signs off.

Any idiot would be safe to assume she wants to try dating me again.

But what do you guys think?

CLIFFS:

Crazyass ex-gf from 2 years ago might want to get back together. We're complete opposites, aside from our sense of humor.

2. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

She's playing with you. I've never met a girl who acts like that whom was worth the time, and every girl I've known who was worth the time didn't act like that. My conclusion: Do not get too involved. If she wants to fool around, have a no strings attached good time, but nothing more. She's trouble for anything more than that, I'd bet my car.

3. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Did you have sex with her in the past?

Why do you want to do all this chatting with her? What gain is coming to you from all this?

4. Brakkiss

Brakkiss Guest

I don't have sex, I've been celibate for over 2 years (personal choice - consider me a recovering sex addict)

So no. We never had sex.

We get along VERY well. We have the same sense of humor, so it's easy for us to make each other laugh. We connect on a very basic human level and it's a strong connection - not to mention, last I remembered, we were both physically attracted to one another. Needless to say, we enjoy talking to each other and being around each other - I can't imagine that's hard to understand.