SRS Situation with Friend/Roommate

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by pandemonium, Nov 26, 2006.

1. pandemonium

pandemonium New Member

So I moved to SF from LA with my friend a year ago, and we've been roommates since (housemates if you want to be technical)...

Anyway, I've always wanted my own place. And since moving here, i want to live closer to the city. Our lease is up at the end of January.

I feel incredibly guilty about wanting to move out. I feel like i'm leaving him hanging or I'm dissing him or something. I don't know if that is how I should be feeling or I'm just being really soft. He's a really cool dude, and besides my wants and everything, the fact that his girlfriend is basically living at our place is kind of annoying.

So I guess I'm asking...
    Am I messed up for wanting to get my own place?
    I don't want to lose him as a friend because he is cool.
    How should I go about handling this situation?
    When should I tell him i'm moving out, if I really am?

2. Mulsanne

Mulsanne The Man = Funk Fusion Chaos

i dont think there's really a problem there, the important thing to do though would be to talk to your friend about it so he sees it for what it is instead of what you're worried about him seeing

3. darnit

darnit New Member

this is nov?almost dec.. your lease is up in 1 month and you have wanted your own place for how long? And your telling him or going to be telling him now?
    First if I was your landlord and gave you 30 or 60 days to move out thats one thing. But this is your friend, you should have told him alot sooner(at the start of Oct). So you definatly need to be saying your sorry a whole lot.
    But tell him real soon,like today.
    Plus the fact that you havn't told him his girl being over all the time bothers you.
    How is the Bro's before Hoe's factor between you two?
    I give you an 65% shit ratio.. meaning I see a 65% chance of you getting shit from your soon to be X rommate and a 30% X friend ration meaning you have a 30% chance of losing him.

4. pandemonium

pandemonium New Member

the lease is up in two months actually. isn't 2 months a good enoughh time?

i was figuring, if i'm moving out, i'd rather just deal with his girl coming over all the time.

5. Create

Create :free at last:

No, but if you've never lived alone it'll be a bit lonely. No big thing. I think everyone does it once.

Tell him ASAP. Start looking for a place ASAP.

Please make sure you can financially handle the move before you go announcing.