SRS Situation with an EX

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TheGetUpkid, Jun 26, 2008.

1. TheGetUpkid

TheGetUpkid New Member

So the ex and I have been hanging alot a whole lot more as of recently. And well to make a long story short it looks as though she may want to get back together. Problem is that she has a BF and she says she is happy but is "confused" and doesn't know. I already told her that I wasn't going to tell her what to do, meaning that I'm not going to try to get her to break up with her BF. But I would love to get back with her. We were together for four years and its been about two or so years since we broke up. My question is where do I go from here? Do I just let her contact me or should I contact her?

I have gotten a variety of opinions already from friends and family. I've been told that she may be doing it just to get attention from me, or that she is being sincere and she wouldn't have told me this otherwise.

Oh, and I know what I wrote is probably missing alot of details so just ask away if you need any more.

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Don't even think about it until she is no longer "confused". "Confused" usually means too immature to figure out what/who she wants, and will probably play both guys for as long as she can.

Not worth it at all. Not worth the drama, the possible heartache, or the wasted time/energy on someone who clearly isn't ready to commit.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:rofl: I always love these stories because it's so hilarious how the girl is getting everything she wants.

Right now she's getting massive attention from you. Then at night she goes home and fucks her new bf who also gives her attention. Her ego is so big right now. I'm sure she's just laughing at how easily she's playing you both.

Even if she did want to get back together with you she obviously cares about the current bf, otherwise she would have dumped him for you a long time ago. Remember this.

If she's still in love with you she would have dropped him no problem, but no, she's dragging it out to decide in her head what guy is better for her and you are waiting by patie ntly like a dope who has noone better in his life.

Why did you break up in the first place?

4. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

:werd:

5. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

thats a key question. most break ups, especially ones that last for 2 years, are for good reasons. dont forget that

6. teh_fuzz

teh_fuzz New Member

haha, I am sort of your same situation and this is how I handled it (hope this helps you as well)

My ex just poppoed out of nowhere after being out of my life for 8 yrs, She came about 2 weeks ago, we hung out, had dinner and she ended up sticking around all weekend, which I must say brought a whole other set of ideas within my head at first., but honestly, after hearing the sense people make here and from other friends I have decided to do what is best for me, not anyone else.

We do have a lot in common, her family and friends as well as some of mine were happy at the possibility that we *COULD* end up together again, and the talk about it did come along sometime that weekend. however:

1. She is being wild right now, personally, Ive run all out of crazy at the moment and need none of that shit in my life.

2. She is confused as to what she wants, she has a BF that she moved back here to see how things went. She wants and knows that I can offer that and then more, but she still wants to keep on having her fun and well I refuse to get played like that lol not a-fucking-gain.

3. The dynamic is there, we got along great before and even after the breakup, but honestly, I cant sit there and like it was mentioned to you in the previous posts and wait like a dumbass while she gets the best of it all, im better than that and so are you! Shit dude there are LOTS of women out there but hey! The possibilites are there.

So what did I do?
    I told her:
    "Look, I cannot make you change your mind, you know what you want and youre a grown woman, so you do what makes you happy, after all that is all that I want. Whether you end up happy with me or someone else, Ive really got no time to sit here and waste my time because youre confused, cant make up your mind, etc... if you deicde to give us another go, then you know where to find me, until then I need to move on simply because I need to look out for myself."

I highly advice you to set your own boundaries as to how you let yourself get involved with anyone like that.

good luck

7. TheGetUpkid

TheGetUpkid New Member

:bowdown: Thank you soo much!! I needed this.

I'm not entirely sitting around waiting for her, actually started talking to this other girl recently. To answer your question we broke up for a couple of reasons. One of the main reasons was that she was leaving to study abroad and she was going to be gone for 6 months. We did go on a "break" a year before that because of another guy.... so really she has a history of not breaking up with her current BF's until she knows she has someone else.

8. TheGetUpkid

TheGetUpkid New Member

Just wondering how you went about telling her this? Email or while talking just told her upfront?

9. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

the next time she contacts you. dont contact her