GUN Situation Last Night

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Jon91SE, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Jon91SE

Jon91SE OT Supporter

So at around 11PM the GF left my house to go home. She was sitting at a light when she gets rear ended by some hispanic male. They are the only ones around mind you and he gets out and so does she to check out the damage. She can tell right away he is drunk and he starts yelling at her and claiming the accident was her fault. At this point shes getting nervous so she starts to dial 911. The guy flips out, grabs her phone and smashes it on the ground. He then intimidates her some more before running back to his car and fleeing the scene.

Luckly someone saw him driving away and followed him to a house where he hit another parked car causing signifigant damage. I got the call as soon as a bystander showed up and gave my GF a cell phone to use and I rush out there with the Glock on waist. My GF was shaken up pretty bad and very scared. They took her to the hospital as a precausion but she was just sore.

I am not sure if this guy would have tried a male like he did my GF but let me tell you it makes me want to carry while in my car now more then ever. She said she thought about grabbing the mace I had given her out of her bag but it all happened too fast.

The guy is going to be charged 2 felonies as well as 1 misd. :fawk:

2. JRMS

JRMS Failing at life

My ex girlfriend had a guy try and open her passenger door while she was at a stoplight. Luckily the door was locked and she got outta there. She said she didn't even see him coming, and if the door was unlocked he would've been in there no problem.

I try and get my wife to pack, but she only does it on road trips. I need to get it through her head.

Pepper spray doesn't cut it.

3. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

Get her a CCW. I would have maced him immediately after he grabbed/smashed my phone.

4. Jon91SE

Jon91SE OT Supporter

This was just blocks from my house too. Crappy Orlando rentals FTL

5. 993kgt

993kgt building an airplane whee

she'd have to get that herself

edit: i read that as "conceal carry permit"

damn mind tricks

6. 70Machwon

70Machwon New Member

Damn, thats crazy, she definatly should have maced his ass (well actually his face) when he grabbed the phone, thats rediculus. Hopefully this gets him in some SERIOUS trouble.

7. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

you should have shot the fucker after the fact.

8. Gimik

Gimik New Member

this really makes me wish I carried OC spray. I need to get off my ass and buy one for me and my wife.

9. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

I've been considering getting something besides a blade and a gun for carry, OC spray, it just feels like there is a hole in the amount of force from words to deadly force.

I do not know what I would do until I was in that situation, but I think when you are dealing with an angry drunk male who has already grabbed your cellphone, which you were using to call the cops, and smashed it . . . depending on how he was acting at that point I would seriously be considering unholstering.

Luckily in your case everything turned out for the best and they caught the guy and he will get what is coming to him.

10. bitch aint carrying a gun, tough shit, ya know?

11. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

OC would have been great there. I carry some in the car, and occationally on me, but I've just ran out of pockets in my normal pants.

12. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

bear mace

13. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus New Member

I believe that one felony would be inhibiting someone from calling emergency services. A guy I met once grabbed a phone from a girl who was calling the police on him and got nailed with that charge.

Hope the guy gets what he has comin to him