Situation and Advice

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by sapient, Feb 14, 2009.

1. sapient

sapient New Member

I'll try to keep story time short.

I'm a waiter, and about a month ago I waited on a cute girl. I remarked to a female coworker that I found my customer to be pretty hot. Turns out my coworker knows her. A few weeks later, I end up waiting on her again, out of coincidence. She recognizes me, I recognize her. I do my job, flashing her smiles whenever my work calls for me to interact with her, but I'm not very flirty at all at work.

A few days later, coworker tells me that they ran into each other at a bar, customer said she thought I was cute and gives coworker her number to give to me. Coworker drunkenly loses number, and isn't good enough friends to have number in phone.

Today, coworker comes and gets me, tells me girl is here on a different floor of the restaraunt, and she's already told the girl I'm working. When I get a few moments free I go over and say hi, make small talk about how she knows coworker, and after about 2 minutes say "Well, I'm at work so I have to go take care of my tables, but coworker says you gave her your number to give to me, but she lost it. Here's a piece of paper, why don't you write your number down and give it to her again and she'll get it to me later. Gotta go, was good to see you." and walk off with a smile.

Question time:

Was I too upfront in the way I asked for her number? I'm pretty awkward about the beginning of this stuff, I'm way better once I've made it through and we've gotten to know each other a little better. I figured short and to the point would give me the least chances to bumble it since the number and set up to the first date part are my weak points. Also, was it weird to not hang around the table while she wrote it down? I was kinda busy and more than anything felt awkward just hovering above her.

Coworker said that I should call her tomorrow, but I feel like that's a little too soon. But like I said, the first date set up is where I'm bad. Does tomorrow being Valentine's Day change anything? If anything, it seems like I should not be calling her tomorrow, as if it would be weird to set up a future date on the holiday, and I'm sick so I don't want to have a first date tomorrow. Or because this is her second attempt to get me her number, do you think that I don't have to wait as long as I otherwise should?

That's all for now. Thanks for your help. :)

2. Thoth

Thoth OT Supporter

dont think so much about it. seems to me like itll work out fine

3. Want2race

Want2race Fearless

sounds like you WERENT a pussy.. YOu did nothing wrong

4. Phantom

Phantom Active Member

Why would you wait after being given the number? This never made any sense to me. The more important thing is to not be needy when you call.

It sounds like she's interested enough that no matter what you do she will want to get to know you. Call, make small talk for a min, and offer an idea to get together in a few days. No extravagant dinner and movie date. Suggest you two grab a cup of coffee or something or meet for a simple lunch one day.

5. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

well done sir :h5:

Personally I don't see what a lunch date will accomplish. The fact is that sitting around talking is boring.

Coffee can be good as a way to find out if you want to spend more time with her. Then if you do you can have another activity lined up for after coffee, or you can part ways and call her another time for a date.

Eating together is not a fun activity. You want her to HAVE FUN, don't you?