SRS Sister getting pregnant and issues

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by DrK_Mrk_iV, May 22, 2005.

1. DrK_Mrk_iV

DrK_Mrk_iV OT Supporter

The story goes something like... I have a twin sister who is 18. We both go to the same school and are relatively close. She got knocked up by this guy last year. Throughout the entire year she was pregnant and had her baby in January. I am now a happy uncle and Godfather. I have also been dating this girl who has helped me through it (it has been kind of hard) for the past 8 months. A lot of times we do stuff I get these irrational thoughs that she might be pregnant, even though we haven't had intercourse. The thoughts that say "well, what if the sperm traveled across the room and went inside her" kind of thing. I worry way too much about the stuff we do. What can I do about this? From one stand point, there is NO way for her to get pregnant, but I always think there is. What should I do? We also don't engage in intercourse. I would like to get over this before we do.

2. ski

ski New Member

Sounds like a psychological fear. Im not a psychologist or anything but it seems like you have to explain to yourself why its not physically possible. Hopefully youll see that you have nothing to worry about and will be well on your way to happy times.

3. :smile:

:smile: New Member

if you're not having intercourse you have nothing to worry about. She can't get pregnant from you looking at her

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Well, are you afraid to get kids? Some people would go thru great lenghts in order to get a kid, and pregnancy is really a gif from God if you and her can give the children a good future, you know your twin sis probably had the typical hit and run type of guy. It takes a man to take care of a family, if you aren't man enough then you shouldn't engage into relationships that you cannot afford, but i don't think that is the point, i think that you should be aware that there are so many anti-pregnancy tools out there, both of you could go into the world of anti-conception and if she is on the pill then she is not going to get a kid no way, along with condom you should feel at ease and not worry to much, you really love her right? Wel then its only natural that you want to be with her, and enjoy eachother. I wouldn't see anything wrong in that, now you seem like a responsible person, if you act responsible then the results will be exusable.

5. DrK_Mrk_iV

DrK_Mrk_iV OT Supporter

I don't know exactly what it is exactly. I'm not afraid of her having a kid. I mean, I went through the whole 9 yards. It isn't that bad of a thing. Granted, we all supported her and everything. It just hit me kinda hard.

6. teo

teo . => ? => !

Probably better that it hit you like that now than after the fact... I mean, better safe than sorry.

If you're hyper-sensitive about getting your girlfriend pregnant, is it because you don't want to have kids so early, or because she's not right for you? I've had boyfriends in the past where I was paranoid about getting pregnant because the thought of them being a father to a child of mine was heart-stopping. However, as I got older and into a stable relationship, those fears died down and now it wouldn't matter if I accidentally got pregnant or not. It may just take time for those fears to go away.

7. Mars Princess

Mars Princess They hatin'

If you have sex with your girlfriend, take the right precautions and before you have sex, go over with her that you want the two of you to have fun, but do what you can to prevent a pregnancy, because although you do like being with her and would do the best you can, you want to be prepared to do it. I do not think that is too much to tell your girlfriend or ask of her :)