GUN Sistema Colt .45ACP

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by SnakeEater, Feb 21, 2007.

1. SnakeEater

SnakeEater OT Supporter

After reading a couple of threads over at ARFCOM.I decided to pick one up.
    I got luck and found one at a gander mountain bout a good hour and a half away.I missed the boat from a company to have one shipped C&R.When i first looked at it,i thought holy shit,i have some work cut out.It was pretty damm nasty.The only before [ics i have is of the mag,which i havent pissed with yet.but will give a basic idea how the rest of the gun is.it`s pretty mechanic sound.but had alot and i mean alot of surface rust.luckly,no pitting what so ever.
    heres the mag..[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    and heres the gun as i`ve put a good 10 hours into it s far....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now,i need to figure out what color to duracoat it.
    another sweet thing is,i can use 1911 colt parts in this gun.basicly the same guns,but colt open a plant in argentina to build these.
    all in all,not bad for alil over 240 bucks.i`m hoping this weekend i`ll be able to hire it off.but i did had load it and it loaded up hollowpoints without a hitch

CLIFFS...i bought a colt 1911 clone for 240 and going to refinish it.

2. reman

reman New Member

I wonder if you can use solder to take off the rollmarks on the slide to make it look "clean".

3. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

they had a bunch of those last time I was at gander mtn, they were all in crap condition.

4. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

Crap condition is the reason I haven't picked up a Star BM 9mm yet. I think they'd be a neat collector's piece.

Same idea 1911 clone ish..

5. SnakeEater

SnakeEater OT Supporter

Yeah,she was pretty nasty.i`m going to pick up a bead blaster this weekend and realy give it a go and remove all the fine marks.then put some duracote or gunkote on.just not sure what colors yet.
    i will have to say,the 1911 is one of the easiest guns i`ve ever messed with.