sinus infections

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by BigJohnson, Apr 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigJohnson

BigJohnson New Member

a little off topic, but I'm curious if any other lifters encounter these on a routine basis and what do you do about it?

I am having my 2nd one in a matter of 2 months. It's really fucking up my lifting because it's taking ~2 weeks to drop off the infection of being tired and hardly being able to breathe.

2. spdrcr

spdrcr OT Supporter

I used to get them quite a bit. I've since moved to a smaller company where coworkers don't come in sick and I've significantly reduced the amout of stress associated with my job. Probably not the answer you were looking for, but I haven't had another sinus infection since.

3. orangecheese

orangecheese It's better than you think. OT Supporter

Got one for the first time (that I can remember) earlier this year, and it was a bitch. It took 2 weeks to shake it off, and bitterly cold weather made my face feel like it was on fire with every breath.

4. Mystery Guest

Mystery Guest New Member

:wavey: I get real bad headaches, black eyes, and bloody nose from sinus infections I have sinusitus and polyps in my nasal cavity. You think 2 week infections are bad, trying living with it every day. :wtc:

I am taking Nasonex and Allegra-D/Claritan D.

5. firekrave

firekrave New Member

Do you have allergies? I am prone to get them if i don't keep my allergies in check. In fact, have one right now, on two medications at the moment.

6. BigJohnson

BigJohnson New Member

yeah just recently started getting them pretty badly since moving to a new side of town. I do take a cheapo walmart brand 24 hour alergy medicine which seems to be doing jack shit for me

7. BigJohnson

BigJohnson New Member

I feel your pain, not that I do have to live with it daily thankfully. I experience very bad toothaches,eyeaches, and headaches

Is there any OTC drug to help? I don't have insurance at the moment, gotta wait 60 days at my new job to pick it up

8. bigdamray

bigdamray New Member

Claritin D/ wellness formula(vitamin Shoppe)/Sino Fresh/Afrin/Airborne

9. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

I have really bad allergies and get sinus infections about 5 times per year.

In fact I have one right now. I have not been in the gym for 5 days and I am always hungry which is totally fucking up my cut regimine.

I just cannot shake this thing. I am hoping it ends by tomorrow. The last 2 nights I have slept ~ 11 hours trying to get rid of this thing.

10. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

I have narrow sinuses so they get infected a lot... as long as i take nasal spray for my allergies then they are clear enough that they don't get infected.

11. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

I'm taking a daily pill, but I heard that if you take a pill in addition to nasal spray it works pretty well. I need to get in on that stack.

12. Jesus_Jones

Jesus_Jones Guest

I used to get one like every 2 weeks. Since I started eating more fruits vegetables and protein I never really get em or any kind of nasal congestion.

13. firekrave

firekrave New Member

Claritin ftw. That's what ex recommeded (she's a nurse). So far so good.

14. Mystery Guest

Mystery Guest New Member

Claritan D 24 hour is good, you can buy the Walmart brand it's the same ingredients.

15. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

That is what I do.... Or the Walgreens brand is usually buy one get one free. Next week I will add a nasal sprayer and hopefully the two will work much better together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.