Single

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by -=Likwid=-, Jun 1, 2008.

1. -=Likwid=-

-=Likwid=-

holy shit, what do you single people do to fill your time?

hobbies, exercise, work, friends, and study just aren't cutting it... I feel like I'm in a void of like minded single individuals, and it's driving me batty.

ideas?

2. Rich

Rich New Member

Sleep?

3. -=Likwid=-

-=Likwid=-

sleep even gets boring after some time

4. -=Likwid=-

-=Likwid=-

masturbation is nothing compared to a woman

5. Toda Party

Toda Party .....

The options are endless. I'm about to go hiking or ride my motorcycle - maybe both.

6. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

When I was single I did exactly what I do now, except instead of doing this with my bf I would do that with a friend.

7. hotsauce

hotsauce New Member

making yourself better for the next mate

8. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

random sex:mamoru:

9. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Seriously? You have that much free time?

I wish I had enough time to not know what to do with it all. First off, if you're in school, there is ALWAYS time to study, and unless you have straight A's, there's always room to improve through further studying.

Start going to the gym and exercising. That will kill a good amount of time.

Start reading. When I do get free time I try to spend it reading.

Hang out with friends and do random stuff.

Get a part-time job to eat up some time and make some extra cash.

I just really don't understand these threads... Life is so short, how could not find a means to occupy your time in a semi-decent manner.

10. Havsie

Havsie When I die, bury me inside the Pepsi 1893 store OT Supporter

Start playing WoW.

11. N D S

N D S you're like salsa, thick and chunky

I feel the same. Work, friends, sleep, hobbies (although time for hobbies is great and fun), exercise (try doing lots of cardio though, i always feel like i'm on top of the world after i swim).

go out and meet people? :dunno:

12. -=Likwid=-

-=Likwid=-

Don't get me wrong, I'm not sitting on my duff doing nothing.

I'm training for a 10k next week, and a sprint triathlon in Sept, I've raised funds for a charity, studied (no, not perfect grades, but still.. i study), rock climb, hang with coworkers and friends, weights 4-6x/wk, cook decent meals, looked to donate blood (can't, cause of recent piercings)...

I guess I could pick up part time work, just to meet new ppl and make some $ on the side. Other than that though, I still have time on my own where I'm sitting idle. Given a relatively recent breakup, idle time ain't good. Essentially I'm looking to expand socially, but also enjoy the time spent doing so, and of the activities I do, and the ppl I know, it just ain't happening. So now I turn to OT :mamoru:

13. kf4zht

kf4zht New Member

I work out, build stuff in the garage, work on my truck and jeep, work on other peoples cars, work on stuff for the fire department, hang out with friends, watch tv, shoot guns, go fishing, etc

14. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

It sounds like you're pretty active... How is it that you do all that stuff and still have time in the day you sit there and say "being single sucks because I have nothing to do"?
    You're doing constructive stuff and keeping busy/active. If anything, the only thing I can say is:

1) Learn to appreciate time to yourself where you don't have to be busy. Pick up a good book, or go sit outside with a drink and enjoy the ability to reflect on yourself and your day.

2) Get a parttime job. It will keep you busy and you will make some money.

15. iwishyouwerebeer

Do not follow this advice...

16. Vector

Vector New Member

Indeed. Move on to newer stuff, e.g. Age of Conan.

17. aim2kill

aim2kill New Member

fucking dot. bad juju

18. -=Likwid=-

-=Likwid=-

I don't watch TV, and I lost interest in computer games a couple years ago...

19. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

I still, and never will I EVER be able to figure out how/why people sit in front of a computer for 5 hours a day playing that stuff.

I've had friends who nearly dropped off the face of earth to play those games. I just don't get it. I can't play any video game for more than 30min without being bored out of mind and wanting to go outside and do something constructive.

If I was a girl and a dude I met said he played online computer games I wouldn't even give him a second look.

20. skych

skych New Member

it's been a long time, art was my thing, or hiking, random driving trips, camp out in the middle of nowhere, all the shit you would do if you had the time before...

21. iwishyouwerebeer

Same here. I've personally known people who let it consume their lives and they got obsessed, it ruined relationships, etc..

"What time are you guys going out? Oh 8?....Shit, I can't, I've got a raid at 8"
    :ugh:

22. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

You can buy virtual property with real money now. Cash in virtual money for real money, too. When my friend told me that I was like. :ugh:

We usually get a little messed up and get on some game like that and create offensive object and wait to see how long it takes for the modeators to catch up to us. :mamoru:

To answear the original question: Hobbies. When I was single car audio took up a large portion of my time. Wakeboarding has also been a big hobby of mine. Sailing ended my last relationship. lol.

23. RebootEnzo

RebootEnzo New Member

You have to think of it the same as any social event like in real life. If you tell your friends/guild you are going to help them out at 8pm then you stick around and keep your obligation.

The way it takes over your life is because it is so much easier and cheaper then going out.

24. XxvODvxX

XxvODvxX New Member

Ok terrific you make friends online who may live next door or in a completely different state. But playing online does not give you a work out because you beat up some guy and raided a house, this does not equal physical walking. And getting a level up in a game doesn't get you a raise at work. This is the most pointless thing people can do. I have seriously watched a CEO of a company do a telleconference while playing WOW and missed everything that went on during the convo or while i was working in his house.

I have had plenty of people tell me that hate it and wished it never existed because they lost XXX amount of time playing it (months and even years)

Likwid, do like they said above, Hobbie/job/study(more) it sucks at first then you'll get to a point where you wil need to cut back. It will pass...

25. Alaya

Alaya Active Member

It's so fucking addictive. And, not just the game itself - but if you happen to get into a hardcore raiding guild [if you start the grind with that guild at the beginning you don't really know what you're getting yourself into or what your guild is going to become] it becomes like a job. You'd be surprised how quickly you get caught up in the "obligations" not of the game itself per se, but to other people.

Shit, I used to have like 10 of my guildies call me when I hadn't logged in yet before a raid about 5 minutes late because I was in traffic getting home from work. You feel all this fucking pressure to play all the time, and it doesn't just become the game - I guess it's weird to call it the "social" or "work" aspect, but it's really what it becomes.

I know it's a lot better when BC came out because raids are smaller, but shit - if you have 40 people IRL waiting for your ass to get on you start to feel bad :hs:

ANYWAYS, that being said - I mainly stick with games I can pick up and play as I want now [shit on my DS, DOTA, etc.]. I've always been a gamer, but I would NEVER date a "hardcore" gamer like my ex. There's a difference between gaming, and being a gamer.

WoW left a pretty bitter taste in my mouth for MMORPGs for awhile, even though I used to love them.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008