SRS Since V-day is almost here

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by 311-420, Jan 26, 2006.

1. 311-420

311-420 New Member

I was gonna ask this girl out today but she looked like she was on her period so i decided against it. Would asking her to be my valentine be cheesy or too much for a "first-time" thing? Any brilliant ideas on how to approach this creatively?

2. HyPE

HyPE ::OTTC Crew #2839::

:eek3:

whats wrong asking a girl out thats on her period?

and no, dont ask her to be your valentine, just ask her out and when Valentines Day comes around just buy her flowers or chocolates or whatever :)

3. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

wtf@ 'she looked like she was on her period'
    What are you going to do when you actually have a girlfriend and you have to deal with it once a month?

4. teo

teo . => ? => !

:rofl: :rofl: Oh, ignorance ftl! :rofl:

Look at it from the other side. She's having a crummy day (period or not) and you could have made it better by asking her out. If she doesn't want to date you she'll say no whether her hormones are raging or not. Don't want to risk it? Why not try being friendly, first? All the guys I've dated have been my friends before being my boyfriend. :dunno:

5. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

whoa... i've never heard that excuse before. :ugh2:

:slap: ask her out... you never know :dunno:... maybe she's a bitch all the time ;)

6. Create

Create :free at last:

Casual casual - Coffee's good as there's nothing to do but talk. Movies are bad as you specifically can't talk.

I try to suggest mid-late afternoon dates at first. The idea is to kinda build things up. Ask her out for coffee. That's not really more than a 30-60 minute committment for either of you. If things go well you've got time to take a walk or whatever there is to do to fill an hour or two before dinner. Get a few ideas together before you meet her.

If things are going *really* well you could suggest dinner but at this point, it's probably time to back off a bit. *If* I ask for dinner it's usually really casual. Alot of times I take a walk downtown on first meetings and near the end of that circle there's this little italian place you walk past. You can ask very casually, like you just thought of it because you happenned to walk past the place.

Assuming the world diddn't implode as a result of your first meeting, wait two or three days and ask for the more traditional dinner+whatever date.

If, for whatever reason, she jumps the gun and asks you first, keep her in suspense for a bit. I'm assuming you're a good liar and can pull off some sort of excuse. Something along the lines of "I am suppossed to do xyz with abc but I'd like to see you again. How about <insert suggestion here>." This part's the game. Throw it out if you don't like it.

I do alot of this stuff to avoid awkward situations where neither party really wants to express what they want to do next. It allows for an easy out, or an easy continuation based on how things are going. Alot of times one party or another will purposely say they're busy for the second date to establish boundries early. I just do it because alot of females want what they can't have on their terms.

My female roomate is reading over my shoulder and just hit me. That must mean there's some truth here :p

Last edited: Jan 27, 2006
  7. 311-420

311-420 New Member

yes, just like i said she "looked like she was on her period". when she comes to class late, no makeup, baggy sweatshirt and has that "i just wanna fucking kill someone" look on her face it doesnt entice me to wanna put myself out on a limb at her mercy. im a newbie, gimme a break. please?

teo- i never thought of it like that. it prolly could have made her day better. i wont forget that. thanks.

8. AmCo

AmCo Haters goin' Hate

Ask her on another day. Asking her on V-day might scare her off.

9. 311-420

311-420 New Member

thats why i was wanting to do it like this week, but...now i have my eye on someone else:hs:

10. Create

3 second rule! Move move move move move move move move

11. 311-420

311-420 New Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

12. Create

The plot thickens.

13. 311-420

311-420 New Member

wtf are you quoting me from different threads?!:ugh2:

14. Create

More because we never got the outcome than anything else...

15. 311-420

311-420 New Member

could have just asked for the outcome. i asked her out for this friday today and she said yes. we're going to this play that my dad's "gf/fuck buddy" is starring in:mamoru:

16. justinhazard

justinhazard New Member

Good job! :lupie: Now if only I had the guts to ask the chick I want out... :hs: But I don't so anyway.

17. Create

Gratz!

18. AmCo

AmCo Haters goin' Hate

:ohno: