MMA Since I am an officail k1 fan now....Some K1 News

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Kuet, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Kuet

Kuet New Member

Mike's gym (Bard Hari, Manoef) re-opens w/ lots of pics:

http://www.chief108.com/showthread.php?t=6134

Andy Souwer has emergency eye surgery :

Andy Souwer cancels Amsterdam Arena fight!
    Last Thursday we received bad news from Andy Souwer's management. Andy has undergone surgery to one of his eyes and will not be recovered in time for his fight in the Amsterdam Arena. Andy has suffered this eye injury in his fight against Faldir Chahbari, late January. At first, that didn't seem to be a problem but a couple of days ago Andy was rushed to the hospital to undergo surgery. We wish Andy all the best of luck with his recovery and we thank his management that they have informed us about this situation so quickly. Because of this, we've got a good opportunity to find a worthy opponent who is also in shape. The replacement fighter for Andy Souwer will be the tall Japanese Yoshihiro Sato. That means we get to see Pajonsuk vs Sato in the Amsterdam Arena

source...ITS Showtime web page

Jerome Lebanner feels great after training at Chakuriki Pancreation, moves there to train full time:

http://pancration.net/news/interview-met-thom-harinck-in-het-engels.html

2. Ghost of Swayze

Ghost of Swayze Ofcourse you mad

Any news on Collegiate wrestling?

3. Kuet

Kuet New Member

Pretty stoked to see Jerome with Chakuriki gym :bowdown:

4. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

I couldnt care less about leBanner. really hoping some of these legacy K1 GP guys start going the way of the buffalo and make way for new talent. Overeem was the most exciting thing to happen to K1 in ages and then they went and tried to change rules to make him less relevant. K1.... ....only 2 letters away from being M1

5. Kuet

Kuet New Member

I've always been a Lebanner fan, so i care :dunno:
    Ur hating on me today :wtc:

6. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

my bad. I shouldnt hate on LeBanner, anyone who teaches themselves to fight solely in the opposite stance is impressive, being top in the world doing it is :bowdown:

I just really wish K1 didnt have all of the politics behind it. Would be really cool to see the rules changed and the doors open so we could really see all of the world's best duke it out.

7. Kuet

Kuet New Member

I think the worst rule change is negating the clinch- and hence the domination of one Buakaw. Yeah, it is pretty lame that they change rules so certain fighters with advantages get the shaft.

But i gotta say with all the drama and with rumors that K1 is not doing well financially, they have put on some great events and fights recently.

C'mon SON!!