Sin City

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by AO, Oct 7, 2005.

1. AO

AO New Member

I can't undertsnad the beginning and end of this movie. Can anyone enlighten me?

They almost lost me when Bruce Willis shows up at the bar to see Jessica Alba and Mickey Rouke is in the bar drinking. So Bruce blew his brains out for nothing because Mickey took out the Priest-Politician. But "Hello, Becky, want a smoke?"?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2005
  2. Camcam

Camcam J.U.N.K.E.R.

The very beginning/ending with Josh Hartnett (The Man) is from another Sin City book, where he is a hitman. Alexis Bledel (Becky) was taken out because she ratted on Gail. [Remember her calling her "mom"]

Every story takes place in BaSIN CITY. That's why you see Marv in the bar in Bruce's story.

They would still be after Nancy if Hartigan was still alive. He would lead them to her.

3. AO

AO New Member

That's what I couldn't understand, Josh Hartnet's character and what part the blonde in the red dress played in all this. Now, had it been Becky who died in the beginning and the Prosties hired Josh...

The other part that had me scratching my head was when Bruce Willis goes in looking for the son... I thought the guy with the galsses was his son, but he's shown sitting down on the porch while Bruce goes upstairs.

4. Kazmont

Kazmont Active Member

Kevin (guy with glasses) was a freak that stayed at the farm and did a lot of dirtywork for the corrupt family.
    As far as the opening and ending scenes, thats exactly what they were... just the way to introduce the movie and end it.

Cool note about the opening scene... That scene was filmed completely without the consent or knowledge of Frank Miller. Rodriguez wanted so bad to do the movie that he called Hartnet and the girl in the red dress and they filmed the scene for free. Rodriguez then bugged Miller, aides, and his lawyers until he could finally contact him and showed him the finished peice. The rest is beautiful film history.

5. joy division

joy division New Member

Holy christ, I really hope that you either don't know english or are around 12 years old if you couldn't understand that movie.

6. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

Yeh what the hell? The kid in the glasses played a big part in the middle of the movie. What were you doing to not notice this?