A&P simpleviewer worth it?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by SenenCito, Apr 11, 2007.

1. SenenCito

SenenCito OT Supporter

Im working on a huge change to my website..and I want to try some other gallery software, preferably a flash based one. Do you guys recommend simpleviewer? and does it integrate well with the site? Im trying to go with a full professional photographer site..

2. natelam

natelam New Member

Simpleviewer is probably not the best option for a pro site because you want to be able to dynamically change your portfolio, create galleries for clients, etc...it is however, easy to edit and integrate.

A lot of people will recommend PHP options since they are very easily managed and provide you with ample tools (not mention most are free) like JAlbum, Coppermine, etc...

I like Slideshow Pro...what it does is it adds an extension to flash (so you still have to create your own SWF file) and you customize it in flash. it's only $25 and I also got the slideshow pro director (another $25) because it really makes it easy. you can find it at www.slideshowpro.net.

3. SenenCito

SenenCito OT Supporter

hmm I was under the impression that simplevieweradmin made the gallery dynamic

4. mojito

mojito New Member

its ok, you get what you pay for, and well its free.

5. mandarin orange

mandarin orange OT Supporter

Yeah I was thinking about making 'simple' website to show some of my albums. I'd like for the main page to have a list or sample of my albums.. then once the viewer clicks on the album.. the album opens up into 'simpleviewer' type viewer.. then the view can go back and view other albums. is that possible with simpleviewer? or can you basically just put everything in 1 gallery

6. mojito

mojito New Member

simpleviewer integrates into a html page, so it can do anything

7. natelam

natelam New Member

This is what slideshow Pro does.