A&P Simple photo editing program?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Mippity, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Mippity

Mippity New Member

I have had several programs over the years, but since forgot there names. I recently had to do a reformat, and forgot to note the name of the program that was installed on my computer.

I'm looking for something simple. I would like it to have red-eye reduction, ability to crop and automatically chose the format dimensions of the crop (8x10, 6x8, etc), and ofcourse a resize function. The ability to adjust brightness and contrast would be nice too.

I really can't handle things like photoshop, which have too many options that I don't/wouldn't use, nor care to learn right now.

I know there are a ton of programs like this, but I need something free and a name. I downloaded two programs (ACDsee and studioline) and neither have the automatic crop seletion of dimensions, which is really what I'm looking for.

Thanks a lot!

2. mojito

mojito New Member

picasa2

does all of that and more, but intuitive to use

3. cftofu2k

cftofu2k OT Supporter

4. Mippity

Mippity New Member

running picassa right now. It´s killing my computer jajja. I have probably 15 gigs of photos.

Too bad that imagewell is for macs. I read up on it and it sounded like a nice program.

Hoping picassa works well, whenever it finishes.

I believe I was using Microsoft Photo editor (or some name like that).

5. phoenixTX

phoenixTX New Member

MS Photo Editor is included with Office 2000 and XP. It's not installed by default, you have to do a custom install and add it (I believe it's in the 'office shared tools' selections during the install).

MS Picture Manager comes with Office 2003 ... it's alright, does most of what you're asking, but has a convoluted way of getting to the tools you need :ugh:

I prefer Photo Editor, so I usually install Office XP just for that, then install Office 2003 without Picture Manager.

6. Mippity

Mippity New Member

Picassa seems to work nicely, but it wants to recreate folders when importing stuff, which I found to be a pain in the ass and taking up unecessary space. I recently installed office but didn't see that option. I need to work on getting that. Maybe it is because I have Office student edition ...

7. mojito

mojito New Member

check the options / settings. all it does on mine is put a small little file thats hidden in each folder. didn't move or recreate anything.