WEB Simple Flash template...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by atomic, Oct 24, 2007.

1. atomic

atomic New Member

I need to learn how to create a slide show in Flash.

I want several photos to fade into each other.

Anyone have a good link or have a file I can play around with?

:wavey:

2. conRAD

conRAD New Member

yeah man, no problem. Mind the images, just used random images that came up (singing shark, a picture of my server, etc haha).

But you'll get the idea fast from looking at that. It is the most simple timeline slideshow you can do. View it here - http://www.justinconrad.net/slideshow.html - is that what you are looking for?

Download the FLA file here -- http://www.justinconrad.net/slideshow.fla

If for some reason you cant open it, it's easy to explain.

Step 1. Set your movie up properly (I usually use 30fps for anything with animation, including this slideshow)

Step 2. You want to have each pic on its own layer.

Step 3. You want each image to run the same length. In my example, the image is solid for 50 frames, and has a 10 frame fade. The next image will be in the layer above it. You create a key frame for those 10 frames, and create a motion tween.(in example, at frame 50 you keyframe image one, and on the next layer, you create a new frame at 50 for the next image). You choose the -last- frame of the first pic (frame 60 in this example), click the image, and on your properties bar, set color to Alpha 0%. On the second image, click the first frame in the 10 frame animation (frame 50 in this example) and set alpha to 0%. So, what you have is an alpha running 100-0, and one above it running 0-100, thus giving you the fade effect.

I think I over-explained this, but its 1pm and I've been awake for 25ish hours now, so I'm a bit loopy. Anyways, enjoy :)

3. conRAD

conRAD New Member

its sleep time for me now, but let me know if that worked out - for some reason, some people have problems opening .fla files when I create them.

4. atomic

atomic New Member

Thanks heaps.

I'll try it out when I get home from work :bigthumb: