Silky smooth keyboard...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by skolen, Jun 9, 2007.

1. skolen

skolen Guest

I cleaned my Mac keyboard a while back and I must've wiped any lubricant they used for the keys off because it always was a little sticky or catch when typing.

So I pulled it apart and spent the next 1hr and 45min with a Q-Tip™ and some white lithium grease and gave each key and insert on the board a decent coating. Everything is back together and as I type this I have never felt such a soft, smooth response from a keyboard. Not only is it quiet as hell now and no clickity-clack, but the keys are a ton more responsive than they originally were. They barely need any pressure to respond.

Go me.

2. doublemeat

doublemeat New Member

The keyboard for the new iMac we have at work has a much more smoother feel than any of the older models. It feels like buttahhh.

That's one of the things that the PC fanbois just don't get; little details like that that just make you want to touch and use.

3. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

i didnt think that there was any lubricant?

its going to be a dust magnet now.

4. Pitt

Pitt 1-1-11 — Never Forget OT Supporter

is there an easy way to clean powerbook keyboards? :o

5. skolen

skolen Guest

White lithium grease is very resilient to dirt & contaminants. So even tho it will have a good chance of collecting & sticking, it won't affect it's performance for a long time.

I don't see me having to crack this open do to a major cleaning for a long time because of "gumming" up. Just a quick blow of air and a wipe down with the Magic Eraser.