MMA signed up for a tournament and plan to get raped.

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by adrenalin112, Mar 26, 2010.

1. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

signed up for a gi tournament next weekend april 3rd.
    155 blue belt

why? because its free.

i usually compete at 145, but since its short notice im gonna skip the weight cutting and compete at the heavier class.

also, i never train gi anymore. last time i put the gi on for a day was when MLA visited last summer. :hs:

so yeah, rape-age is highly likely and video will be posted up here for your amusement. :wtc:

2. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

10 lbs isn't that much weight. if you can't beat a guy that is within 10 lbs of you - you wouldn't have beat him anyways.

I'm 185 and in smaller tourney's I get stuck in the HW class since they have low attendance. I regularly fight against guys 220+..

You'll be fine. The Gi vs. No Gi thing is a much bigger problem than the weight.

Good luck you dirty wetback. Look forward to the vids.

3. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

yeah putting the gi back on is the biggest challenge.

and the weight should only be an issue if i get someone that decided to cut 15lbs from 170. yeah, alot of people do that out here. im in decent cardio shape, but im not very strong as a 145er anyway. oh well, just gonna go out there, do my best to work my game and have fun.

4. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

Never really got the idea of cutting weight for a white/blue/purple tournament (especially a non-national tournament). Just show up, have fun, and use it as a learning experience (win or lose).

Oh, and train with the gi. You cant get good without it :mamoru:

5. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

you can't get good IN A GI without it. tell barnett/bravo/etc they aren't "good"

but I do agree. put the gi on.

6. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

dont worry about what they do - just worry about what you do. play YOUR game, not theirs.