Signal Boosting

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by rogue3000, Aug 23, 2005.

1. rogue3000

rogue3000 New Member

I use an LG VX7000, and my father uses a Motorola V710. We both use verizon, yet he almost always has 1-2 bars more signal than I do. What gives? I love my phone, and would prefer to stay with it, but I need better reception. What are my options? Are any of those signal boosting stickers that you place under your battery legitimate? What do you guys think I should do?

2. britcitusa

britcitusa New Member

From experience,i can only say that the brand of the phone is what matters.I had a Nokia 3360,that worked fine most times,except on heavy cloudy daysmor when i was in a mountainus area.That was with Cellular One in Alaska.The phone was good,but the signal was crap.In Washington state,i got Cingular and the LG CG13.Great reception everywhere,even at 30,000 feet,and that was with three bars of signal displaying.A friend of mine however,with the same Cingular servicemhad a Motorola camera phone and always got better receprion than i did,so quality and service supplier,both play a part.I used those stick on signal boosters,but found no difference.A guy on Ebay,no sells them for a penny a piece,but you must buy them by the case.