A&P Sigma Wide Angle 28mm f/1.8 EX for Nikon

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Curren$y, May 26, 2007.

1. Curren$y

Curren$y New Member

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/217762-USA/Sigma_440306_W_A_28mm_f_1_8_EX.html

I'm looking to upgrade from my really shitty quatumray 18-55 lens for my d50. I didn't have a lot of money at the time so i had purchased a d50 body and my g/f bought me the lens. I think it was the cheapest lens kitz camera had, like 100 bucks. Well my buddy just got a d40 with the kit lens and i was surprised how much clearer his pictures were so it really motivated me to get a new piece of glass. This is the lens i'm looking at, i like the macro ability and that it can shoot in dark areas without flash. Just curious if anyone has used this and if its a good upgrade from what i have now. Any suggestions would be awesome too, i'm looking for an all around lens that i wont ever really have to take off. THanks

2. s40Strib

s40Strib New Member

buy an 18-70 kit lens instead. I like the 28mm focal length and I personally had good luck with sigma lenses in the past, so if the 1.8 is vital to you then it's not a terrible way to spend money. I'm sure a lot of people will instead recommend the nikon 50 f/1.8 as a cheaper alternative (~$90-$110). But as far as having an all around good lens that you probably won't take off get a used 18-70 for around the same money as the Sigma lens.