GUN Sig Pro 2340

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by oakie, Feb 24, 2004.

1. oakie

oakie my ninja.

I'm considering one of these for shits and grins. Most of you dont already know that i'm a Sig whore, with 3 Sig Sauer Classics to date (2 P229 .40 and 1 P239 .40).

I ran upon a great deal on the Sig Pros... $399 brand new. I'm not a huge fan of polymer frames due to their unusual weight characteristics once the mag starts to go empty, and in the case of my Glock and other ploymer guns i've checked out, they tend to have a slightly looser fit at battery between slide/frame... this i assume due to rail design to prevent metal to plastic chafing.

but $399 is $399. i have held them in my hands before, and despite the balance issues, it feels like a Sig. i like the integrated rail, which encourages me to want this for a home gun, outfittable with accessories (i stopped modding my car so i'm suffering mod withdrawls :hs: ) the sucky part is it's not a picatinny rail, so i have to buy Sig only accessories.

anyone else ever had one or experienced one to give me some first hand knowledge?

2. fastlif

fastlif New Member

I had one and I am a Sig whore also. I sold it as it was my least favorite and I needed the $$, but now I wish I had it back. Always good to add to the collection. Theres nothing wrong with them at all, I was just like you and am not a big fan of polymer guns.

3. Redmouse

Redmouse Just looking...

The SIG 2340 was the first pistol I've ever owned. I never had a FTF on it other than the first few times I fired it. (Limp wrist) The fact that it was polymer didnt really bother me at all. It performed just as well as the current pistols I currently own. The reason I sold it was because of the sights. I couldnt really get used to the 2 dot sights. I could have replaced it with 3 dot sights/nite sights but I really wanted something else. Another reason is that I thought it was a bit top heavy and ended up replacing it with something else.

Also as you've noticed, the integrated rail is very proprietary. You might be aware of it already but the P220 and P226 is also available with rails.

4. oakie

oakie my ninja.

yeah, but the P220 and 226 rails are picatinny rails, while the Pro series arent. :(

i know they started to produce the P229R, which has the picatinny rail, but i'm too impatient to wait for one... they're LE only until production ramps up towards the end of the year. plus, they're supposedly asking a premium for this model when it's publicly released.