GUN Sig p220 first purchase

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by k1ko, Feb 15, 2010.

1. k1ko

k1ko OT Supporter

2. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

its a pretty big gun so you probably won't be able to conceal it very well during the summer, but otherwise it's great.

3. phoenixTX

phoenixTX New Member

Is this your first handgun? Any specific reason to go with the P220?

A P220 is a full-size combat handgun. It's not the first gun I think of when I think about a concealed carry weapon, and I own a P220R Carry model.

[​IMG]

It is thinner than most handguns since it's a single-stack, but unless you just insist on carrying .45 there are other options for a lot less cash... G19/23, M&P9/40.

4. k1ko

k1ko OT Supporter

I went to the gun store yesterday to go check out their guns. I saw what you meant by the gun being too bulky for carry. So i went ahead and took a look at their glocks. I really liked the glock 36 and the glock 30 SF. Decided I wanted to buy the glock 30 SF and was all excited. Put my info through the NICS and got a DELAY response. I was like wtf? That was pretty embarrassing. I called my lawyer right after and asked him to see if I have any unpaid tickets or anything else that would cause a delay. So he does a background check on me and sees an unpaid ticket from 5 years ago that I thought I had taken care of. So I went ahead and took care of it but still haven't heard back from the gun store about a proceed or deny. this sucks...

5. pimpofthenation

pimpofthenation OT Supporter

this thread got me missing my favorite... so I had to get it out... :love:

edit, I felt like a cheap cellphone picture didn't do it justice

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  6. THT

THT The easy way is always mined

Price is damn decent. However what's more important is training and mindset. Owning a gun isn't protection. Having the hardwired response to a threat and being able to effectively use a gun is protection. You need to practice. You need to train; the two are not one and the same.

7. johan

johan Active Member

Look into a P220 Carry, for what you describe, you might like it better.

8. phoenixTX

phoenixTX New Member

The 220 Carry is considered a 'commander' sized handgun. Just like a 1911... shorter barrel, but full size grip and same magazines as the full size 220.

Honestly I don't think it's really that much help. It's less than half an inch shorter. The weight isn't that much less and the grip is still full length (which is what you actually would have a problem with on a CCW weapon). I like my 220R Carry, but I would just as soon have a full-size.

9. k1ko

k1ko OT Supporter

who in dallas carries the sig? went to the armory and bachman and didn't see it there

10. phoenixTX

phoenixTX New Member

Bullet Trap in Plano carries Sig. They usually have a couple P220s and P229s in the case, and a bunch of P232s and P250s. Prices aren't too bad for a local gun store either.

11. phoenixTX

phoenixTX New Member

SigForum classifieds, GunBroker, or any local gun classifieds forum/site. In Texas, we have TexasGunTrader.com, texashuntingforum.com classifieds ....

Of course if anyone has a P228 in nice condition, I'd trade my P220 Carry :wiggle: