GUN Sig 239 or HK P2000sk

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by is3lost, Jan 22, 2006.

1. is3lost

is3lost New Member

Any opinions on which for a first gun? I plan to get my CCW, won't plan on carrying much right away, as I will be in school for a few more months and can't carry on campus. Hell I may be better off getting a 228 or regular P2000 since I probably won't carry, but something about a smaller gun seems nicer to me. Mind you, I can't find any of these locally so I can't get my hands on one. This is a pretty large investment ~650, so I am trying to make the most informed decision I can while basically just windowshopping. I know the overall length difference is around .6", not sure of the width but I guess opting for a p2000sk/239 single stack over a double stack p2000/228 would be a pretty large difference. I am kind of set on getting either a H&K or a Sig, and I don't mind spending a few hundred more dollars to do it.

Basically, any reason not to get a sub compact for a first gun as opposed to a compact?

2. itchiban

itchiban New Member

I've shot the P2000 but never the SC version so I can't comment on that. Compared to the P2000, both of the Sigs feel better in my hand. The 239 I fired is still the most accurate hand gun i've shot with. It will be my next handgun purchase. I just need to find a semi rifle first.

I don't think there is anything wrong with getting a subcompact as a first gun. A mouse gun maybe...but not a SC.

Good luck :)

3. shohan

shohan New Member

I guess it kind of depends on the size of your hands. The P2000sk was too small in my hands. The 239 is ok. I'd suggest the P2000 or possibly even a P228 or P229 depending on caliber. If you have big hands maybe think about those.

4. is3lost

is3lost New Member

Yes.. I think I am going to get the P2000 provided I can get a fair price. I found an online dealer who sells for 5% over wholesale, stupid purchase permit.. The woman called me to tell me she could get ahold of none of my references. 2 no answers, and 1 she recited the number back to me and told me the person who answered was not said listed person. I called him and he had received no calls, neither had the other 2. I don't know what was going on. But anyways she told me to have my references call her back at the sheriff's office :ugh: Doesn't seem like good policy, but no complaints here, almost done!

5. luvitlo94

luvitlo94 Make a choice and don't look back.

Sig

/thread

6. VolksDragon

VolksDragon New Member

P2000.......or, you could get a P2000.

7. Clingman

Clingman Clingman runs Bartertown.

Get a Glock 19 :)

8. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

Hk 100%

9. is3lost

is3lost New Member

Decisions .. decisions.. I have 700 dollars set aside, but mulling between 228 or p2000 now..

10. Kevin

Kevin New Member

P228 ftw

11. GunShow

GunShow You had best unfuck yourself

Shot a friends SK and found it similar to my Glock 26. Nice shooting gun, but the magazines need some sort of extension to rest your pinky on.

12. is3lost

is3lost New Member

Ok, placing my order monday morning.

p239 - $530
    p228 - $650
    p2000 - 615

The 239 seems like the perfect size, as I want a weapon that I would be able to comfortably carry in case I decided to, but the 8 shot magazine kind of concerns me. Any more suggestions between the 3?

13. shohan

shohan New Member

If you need more then 8 shots then you shouldn't be there. That's my opinion on that atleast. Remember thought, there are plenty of people who carry full sized 1911s with only 7 round mags. It's shot placement not magazine capacity. If you're concerned about the magasine capacity then simply carry a second. The 239 mags are small and thin enough to easily place in your pocket or you could get mag holder.

14. black96gtvert

black96gtvert "Is that goal regulation size or what!" -Happy Gil

Never shot a sig so i dont know is awesome
    but the HK P2000sk is awesome

15. is3lost

is3lost New Member

Welp I ordered the P2000 DA/SA with decocker today. Now I guess I'm gonna buy a boresnake and some cleaning / lubing supplies while I'm waiting for it to get here.