GUN Sig 229 Elite anyone ever shot one?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TwistedMind, Jun 2, 2008.

1. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

Ive been looking at them real hard and i just about have myself talked into buying one.

Anyone have experiance with them? Is it pretty much the same as a regular 229 because I doubt ill be able to find a range with a elite can rent

2. Caanon

Caanon OT Supporter

From what I've read the main difference is the 'elite' sigs have a 'Short Reset Trigger'. Someone else, or google can probably describe that better than I.

3. jeri534

jeri534 OT Supporter

Haven't shot one, but played around with them. The SRT is fucking awesome, all Sigs should come with them. Ive only shot a regular P229 so Im assuming its the same with a beavertail which I would probably like.

I definitely would have bought one for CCW, I love Sigs, but the Glock is much easier to conceal

4. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

I have a 226 Elite a regular 226 and a regular 229 and the Elite is great.

The main differences are the short reset trigger and the beavertail built into the frame. The SRT is great and I'm probably going to have it installed on my other Sigs now as well.

The beavertail is nice as well. I like it because it really gives a nice feel and place to really get the gun down into your hand well. Its not necessary for relieving hammer bite like on a 1911, but does give a nice feel to the gun.

If you plan on carrying though, you may not want it as it does add some extra length to the weapon and could provide a point that might show under a shirt a bit more than the less pronounced end of a regular model.

The wood grips are nice, but a little thicker than the normal plastic grips of the other models. If you have larger hands it probably wont bother you and you may like it cause they feel nice. If you have smaller hands, then you may not like them because they do make the trigger reach a bit longer, though very small.

5. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

you should consider getting a regular 229 and have some work done on it. I had a private smith do the trigger work on my 229 and it feels much better than the SRT