Siemens VS. Motorola

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by IPAman, Nov 24, 2004.

1. IPAman

IPAman OT Supporter

I am looking into getting either the Siemens CF62T or the Motorola V180 with T-mobile. I like how they both look but can't decide. Anyone have these phones?

2. BlackWRX02

BlackWRX02 OTs Cingular Guru

V180 by FAAAAAAAAAAAAR
    siemens phones are the absolute worst, well....next to LG.

My Cingular store puts out about 50 V180's a week (if not more) and the only one's i've seen come back are ones with physical damage to the phone. They have NONE of the typical moto software issues. GREAT phone

3. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

if there were a phone hierarchy, siemens would be at the bottom

4. IPAman

IPAman OT Supporter

Well I am a T-mobile customer and they quoted me $62.99 on the motoroloa 2 nights ago with a 1 year renewal. I thought that was good so I went to order it yesterday and she said the phone prices changed as of yesterday and the v180 was $19.80! For an existing customer with a 1 yr renewal I thought it was awesome so I jumped on it.

5. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

good choice

6. Idyfohu

Idyfohu New Member

I did the same thing as mbogosia described! So far so good...just wondering what/where I can get MP3 Ringtones if anyone can help?

Pineapple Devil seems to be the V180 GURU.

7. oakie

oakie my ninja.

i had nothing but problems from my CF62T to include:

phone intermittently shuts off
    goes into speakerphone mode during calls (deafening)
    LCD backlight stays on after flipper is closed
    screeching when call is answered while plugged in
    intermittent no charge

i went through 4 of these phones, all having the same problem. T-mobile refused to exchange it for another brand of phone until i went to their Bellevue office and reminded them that if i cannot make calls with their equipment and refuse to honor their warranty/exchange program, then they are in violation of the user agreement and will be refunding me more than just the phone's cost.

that was my one and only problem with T-Mobile.

8. Maverick

Maverick Guest

From a v180 user, you'll really like it.

9. Scream_Phoenix

Scream_Phoenix Handsome Boy Model

i have a siemens m55, and i am very happy with it. i get great reception, it has a very good feature set for such a cheap fone, great RF. nice build quality and i love the user interface, very intuitive. :dunno: havent used any of their other models tho, but i would buy another if they had a higher end flip. the cf65 that is coming out is a bit of a disappointment tho :(

10. i had a siemens (not sure of model number), used it for a few months then it started shutting off when I pressed the "5" key and also shutting off randomly at other times.

i went and got another one under warranty. a few months later it started doing exactly the same thing but with the "4" key. A few days after that it started turning on with a "wrong software" message when i turned it back on again. Then it would shut off.

Then i decided to purchase a motorola instead.

11. beave

beave Housin Beers & Buildin Dams

the v180 is an awesome budget phone; my parents have it and i took it for a couple days and love it - but i will have a v551 tomm - neyways its an awesome phone and has mini usb - easy file transfers with mpt and the black makes it look awsome

12. auburnjosh

auburnjosh New Member