A&P Sideways tripods?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by frinky23, Sep 15, 2004.

1. frinky23

frinky23 Bangle Sackrider

Are there additions to tripods that allow you to have your camera at a 90 degree angle?

Most tripods rotate the head so you can do that, right? However, I have a pocket tripod that doesn't rotate and am hoping for an equally portable solution that I can carry along as well.

2. mojito

mojito New Member

they are made, haven't seen one locally in a long time though, check online or even ebay. what kinda camera? if the tripod isn't designed for it and you put on a heavy camera/lens combo, you risk it falling over.

My tripod has a center column that comes out and can then be placed horizontaly, besides having the head move. Great for close up work or realy low angles. But then agian it was 400 for the legs and head

3. frinky23

I would be using it for a Canon A95. I have a tiny tripod that folds up to be about 6 inches long and maybe and 2 inched around. While having a lot of limitations, this combo certainly is easy to carry around and lightweight. Perfect for when I am just out and about and wanting to be ready if a great opportunity comes up.

I'm thinking that I probably could get something at Home Depot or something that would do the job, but if a company already had something premade it would be perfect.

4. frinky23

Hmm, what do you know...

The head on my mini tripod does rotate enough to hold the camera at a 90 degree angle. I never noticed the little cut-out that allowed it to go that far. Awesome!

5. dilligaf

dilligaf -

if you use a ball head you can pivot in more directions. I use a pan head but it is one that tilts in both directions side to side. Most pan heads only let you tilt in one direction.

www.reallyrightstuff.com
    www.adorama.com