Side effects of the pill

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Dan-blackline, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Dan-blackline

Dan-blackline Registered Sex Offender

Basically the other night my condom broke, but my gf got the morning after pill from the doctors so it should all be ok.

She also said "I seriously can't be fucked with all this, I'm gonna go on the pill".

I'm worried about the side effects though, she'd heard it makes you fat and I've heard it makes you lose your horniness, obviously I don't want this happening, so does anyone wanna confirm/argue these and tell me anything else?

Thanks a lot.

2. Eris

Eris Yes please

Those are a few side effects (weight gain, lowered sex drive) - it also all depends on her body and the form and brand of BC she's taking.

I've tried 2 different pills as well as depo provera and each had different effects.

(morning after pill wasn't a pleasant experience for me - make sure you're there for her. I spent 24 hours vomiting)

3. Dan-blackline

She was warned that the morning after pill would make her go slightly crazy, I've never seen someone go from super happy to pissed off so quick, unfortunately I could only speak to her online or I'd try cheer her up more.

4. Eris

Eris Yes please

High dose of hormones, so yeah I can see why the drastic mood change. I was fairly cranky myself, then again constant vomiting can do that to a person.

My ex was with his buddies - I didn't take it solely for myself, so I was pretty upset. He knw how sick I was and still bailed out. I even faced a 1/2 day of school because it was his first day there and I didn't want him to be alone (LoL god I was so lame)

It's good that you tried thats what counts even if she did bite your head off ;)

5. [HRT]Squirrel Master

[HRT]Squirrel Master New Member

My girl tried a bunch! and none of them were good for her. They all screwed with her cramps and her mood. We decided condoms were the way for us until something good comes out. Its tough becuase I want her to be on it, but I want her to be happy and normal even more.

6. ProneToEpisodes

ProneToEpisodes New Member

I use ortho tricylcen low, I think I spelled it correct.... No weight gain for me. Its a low hormone dosage so I didnt feel the normal "pregnancy" side effects. Your gf's doctor will know what to put her on and what will work for her.

7. lauren

lauren Active Member

youll only gain weight if you eat more, the pill itself doesnt make you gain weight. my boobs get bigger, but thats all i had.

my sex drive did decrease, but i think that has more to do with the zoloft that i stared at the same time.

8. RedSoxGrl

RedSoxGrl This is not merely baseball, it's a way of life.

the weight gain is due to water retention. it's different for every girl and the way her body reacts to the hormones.

9. lauren

lauren Active Member

a pound or two, yes, but you dont gain 10-20 lbs in water. too many girls i know are just lazy, eat whatever they want then gain weight and blame it on meds.

you keep your eating habits normal, and you wont gain wiehgt.

10. RedSoxGrl

RedSoxGrl This is not merely baseball, it's a way of life.

oh yeah, definitely not that much. i gained 5 lbs, but i didn't change my eating/excercise habits. that was 11 years ago when i started taking it.

11. wilyfem

wilyfem Guest

I was on it for over 3 months, gained about 5 pounds and experienced a loss of sex drive.

I have sinced stopped and have lost 2 of the 5 pounds I gained and feel like fucking again :naughty:

12. Narcissistik

Narcissistik We are all born original, most die copies......

My fiance is on Ovcon 35 and it has turned her into a psycho. Mood swings, emotional rollercoaster, irregular periods, blah, blah, blah......

Strap it....don't go the BC route....shit's EVIL.

13. Dan-blackline

Looks like it's gonna be fun for me :ugh2:

Maybe she'll decide against it.

Just incase anyones interested, the hormone flooding morning after pill resulted in her drawing an A4 picture of a naked women kneeling and crying with various swear words and insults around it. Sorta worrying really.