SickLife's New Album Reviews, 10/1

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by MiseryIndex, Oct 2, 2005.

1. MiseryIndex

MiseryIndex i never know why. i only know who. Moderator

these aren't all very new, but i wanna give my take on them anyway.

motion city sountrack - commit this to memory: 7/10, very good from a band i didn't expect to like.

dream theater -octivarium: 9/10, near flawless. vocals are a bit too layered, but he's gotten so much stronger vocally & the new keyboardist is so good.

bayside - s/t - 8/10: damn great improvement from the last. music is catchy & poppy, while maintaining the depressed feel of the band. & the vocals sound a lot less like he's sitting in a corner crying.

the bled - found in the floor: i wanna give it an 8, but i'm not sure right now. i do really appreciate it. i'm just not sure it lasts long enough for me to decide. i think somewhere betwen a 7 & an 8

staind - chapter v: well. 6.5/10. we know they're capable of more, but if this is all we get, i can accept that. i'm not sure they had any direction on this album. but it soudned ok.

alter bridge - one day remains: 10/10. amazing. just...amazing.

other mentions are the dredg & 30secondstomars, which both get 9's from me. & the coheed gets an 8.5-9, i think.

2. Zeromancer

Zeromancer Pampita's Love Slave

Dream Theater - Octivarium is awesome
    Hmmm
    I'm d/l Alter Bridge album right now to check it out. I haven't really listened to any of their music. I sure hope the singer sounds better than how Scott Stapp

3. Zeromancer

Zeromancer Pampita's Love Slave

Just finished d/l a few of the Alter Bridge songs off newsgroup and so far I am really liking it. Thank God this singer can actually sing instead of whine like Scott Stapp did.
    Thanks for the recommend on the album Mike

4. MiseryIndex

MiseryIndex i never know why. i only know who. Moderator

yeah. he was the singer for the band mayfield four, if you wanna check them out too.

the music is pretty metal, palm muting & solo's & whatnot, & his voice is just so strong. it's real good.

with over 2 hours a day of commute time, i get to check out a lot of stuff i wouldn't usually listen to, heh. i'll have a few more reviews soon, i got 10 new albums yesterday, but probably won't listen much till monday's commute.