SRS Sick/Bored of my life

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by zero xeal, Jan 29, 2008.

1. zero xeal

zero xeal Guest

Recently ive found myself at a place ive been many times before, I am sick of my whole damn life, I find this happens every so often (atleast once every year or 2). I lead a pretty active life, work full time at a job I generally enjoy, have alot of friends, doing something sociable 5+ days a week, goto the gym, have hobbies, vacation know and then.... etc

Im not quite sure why, but after a while I will basically snap, and I get sick of everything almost all at once. My friends, Girls im interested in, my job, my bloody apartment, everything.

Once I get sick of everything, these things usually start to piss me off, things I previously found joy in doing bring out anger/rage.

So I find myself sitting here at work, ready to walk out and quit even though I cannot afford to, ready to tell my roommates to fuck themselves and live out of my car, ive seen the alternatives, ive been homeless, jobless, broke, and yet its hard to sway what I think.

It begins to feel like im dreaming after a while, like everything can be predicted and its all the same and I cannot seem to bring myself back to when I used to smile and enjoy life and eagerly await new experiences.

And its at this point, where I am at right know, that I stop giving a fuck about everything.

Previously I would bring about a large change in my life, whether negative or positive to offset this, or would burry these feelings in substances

Edit:
    Cliffs: I am sick of my life to the point that I am about to stop giving a fuck about anything

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2008
  2. Exiled

Exiled New Member

Been there man, almost influenced me to join the military.

Drugs help, and alcohol.

3. zero xeal

zero xeal Guest

yup sadly there about the only thing that does help in this situation

4. Exiled

Exiled New Member

everyones different but being single doesnt help this at all

if you can get a lady get one, helps

5. zero xeal

zero xeal Guest

Good point, I havent had a healthy relationship in a long time.

im not even seeing anyone tho, so Im a ways off ... hahahah

6. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

Maybe you are beginning to see the truth.

7. zero xeal

zero xeal Guest

thats what I thought last time, im a pretty open / open minded person, the problem is how the fuck can you function enough to survive when you realize everything is a fucking load of shit and that none of it matters, if you dont care about anything, you basically end up in the same spot someone who is depressed and wants to kill themselves ends up in.

No I dont have any ego issues

8. registeredPORK

registeredPORK Happy Poo Poo

Maybe getting into a healthy relationship will help you or you might just need a new scenery in life.

Why not go for a job that gives you action and such in life? A job that allows you to travel to places and etc?

I get like that sometimes too with the job that's I have had. Set a personal goal for myself, and work extra hard but at the end when I've achieved it, I feel there's nothing to be achieved any more. I need a constant goal with my job to keep me going. Even deadlines don't do it for me anymore. There needs to be more to it then that for me.

9. zero xeal

zero xeal Guest

I just started at this job about 4 months ago and there are massive growth opportunities for me at this company, im also only 20 and was hard pressed to find this job, let alone one that merrits regular travel.

I think a healthy relationship might be the answer, there are several new girls that come by my place on a weekly basis (roommate always has a few hoes that want his dick) , however I never seem to connect with any of them enough to warrant a relationship, the last girl that I was closest to having a relationship with was really into me and I ended up ruining whatever it was that we had, which didnt bother me as I didnt really care for her that much

10. forgotmyname

You can begin by being 100% honest with yourself, be ready to sacrifice stuff in your life (which is everything material afterall), and ask him.

11. registeredPORK

I'm only 21 and I love the job that I'm doing but sometimes I wish I was doing something more then sitting in front of the computer researching things on the internet for them, for publications and things like that. Although the department I work in offer jobs for traveling, they don't have any open positions for anything like that and to tell you the truth, traveling = going to states and standing in front of thousands of teachers and educators ... public speaking. Something I'm not ready to do.

A healthy relationship *might* be the answer, although you should keep an open mind on who you want to be in a relationship with. Connecting with someone isn't always sometimes an instant thing. But you probably know that already. :)

12. zero xeal

zero xeal Guest

ask whom?

13. zero xeal

zero xeal Guest

thanks

14. forgotmyname

God?

There is one thing, a friend told me that really opened my eyes. Everything in life is temporary. You think a girlfriend might be the solution you seek, but whether you like or not, as good as it might cause to you, it will have to end one time.

15. registeredPORK

You should maybe try to do something spontaneous some time... that usually fix the boredom in life. For me, I do something new when I'm bored. I usually make a list of things I want to do or would like to try and on days when I want to do something but don't want to, I look at the list and do 'em.

It usually ends up in me and my SO getting kicked out of somewhere but regardless, it's fun :mamoru:

16. zero xeal

zero xeal Guest

I was raised catholic, im extremely familiar with the entire following of jesus and all the churches that came from it, as well as Judaism.

In so far as I am concernced the beliefs of these religions as well as all others on this planet is a load of shit.

I personally despite praying as a child never had god (if you will) respond in any way, im a very observant person by nature (computer engineer) and the only time I felt ive ever asked a question and received an answer in this context was when I asked myself ( I dont lie to myself about anything, I except things and deal with them, Very logical thinker), or when I was tripping.

17. Exiled

Exiled New Member

One thing you could do is get into martial arts, that's good for the mind and body and spirit.

18. zero xeal

zero xeal Guest

Another great point.

However my boredom is deeper than that, I have no problem amusing myself or finding new things to do, they just all feel the same.

Some of my friends call me crazy because of the shit I do, Ive grown the balls already at this point in my life that im not even afraid to do these things by myself if the people I am with are unwilling or to afraid.

im begining to think my issue is that im missing a meannigful relationship, i havent dated a girl in a long time. just cant seem to connect with anyone, even when I put out the effort and get to know people. I think im an oddball

19. zero xeal

zero xeal Guest

not a bad idea, ill have to add that to my todo list

20. registeredPORK

Get into social situations then and meet new people. If you're thinking about some random to do that will be fun, entertaining, and challenging all at the same time look up parkour.

It's the same thing as Ubran Gymnasts, and honestly, it's kinda cool and something I wish I could get into at the moment but I'm not ready for all of that yet, lol. Anyway, youtube it up, see what they do. American Parkour is the biggest group for that stuff. There should be some local groups in your area as well.

21. forgotmyname

That's because you are not supposed to question God. Let him guide, and before you know it, you'll be amazed at the way you basically are "moved" around at his will.

My family is also catholic and they take church seriously, but I haven't gone to their churches in years. Just don't confuse God with religion. Religion is human made, God isn't.

22. zero xeal

zero xeal Guest

parkour would be something cool to pick up, I know a few people who do it, there also fucking certifiably insane.

Ill have to go hunting for ways to meet new people

23. registeredPORK

Yeah, the greatest thing about parkour is that you don't have to be extremely small, or fit. I know some great parkourests who are on the overweight side of their size/height but they're extremely fucking talented in parkour.

It's pretty insane and doing that while doing martial arts wouldn't be a bad idea either. It lets you get to know your body pretty well.

As for meeting new people, do things you enjoy doing and meet people there. If you enjoy a specific author then go to one of their signings, etc...

24. zero xeal

zero xeal Guest

Ill modify my perspective a little to allow these types of thoughts into my head again, I dont really want to continue to express my beliefs as we will end up in a philisophical debate which is essentially pointless.

Thank you for your advice

25. zero xeal

zero xeal Guest

Good call, sadly Im doubting ill ever find a chic thats attractive and a computer geek :rofl:

im in decent enough shape that I should be able to pickup parkour no prob,.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2008