SRS siblings

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by adelacruz, Oct 18, 2005.

1. adelacruz

adelacruz New Member

My family thinks i hate my little sister and i really dont, but shes so damn annoying, she wants to act like our mother and is always giving me snappy replies. We're living with my grandma for a year or two and my grandma can't even control her.

I was thinking of going to a local college in 2 years but with this situation i really can't stay home for college or i'll just be getting stressed out daily as she become a teenager. Psychiatrists didn't really help, they said shes too young for psychiatry(sp?). I dont know what i can do or say to end this damn situation. Any help would be appreciated.

Its getting to a point where I might just want to get away from this as soon as possible but i love my mom and stepdad and i dont really want to part from them emotionally. I really can't keep doing this day in and day out, have any of you had problems like this?

2. page

page New Member

Siblings are fucking annoying- just get over it. Shut her out and move on.

3. adelacruz

adelacruz New Member

it looks like thats my only option even though i didn't want it to be like this, but she is getting to be such a little bitch it's impossible, thanks guys.

4. page

page New Member

Seriously- the easiest thing to do is to ignore her. Explain to your parents that you love her as a sister- but she drives you up the wall. Any parent should understand this.Ignore her, ignore her little friends, keep your shit locked up. If you don't have one already- invest in a lock for your door- a key lock, so that she can't get in and snoop while you're in class.Little things like just keeping your shit together and ignoring her will make your life easier.

5. johan

johan Active Member

She doesn't need psychiatric help. There's nothing wrong with her. She's acting like 99% of female sibs. Some family counselling might be helpful, but, as with all counselling you have to actually want to go and change. Since its not a "brainwashing" sessions, just some really really helpful and insightful advice....it won't do shit for someone who is determined to ignore what's being said.

Just go away to college. She will eventually mature and grow out of it.
    And you know what, LOTS of people go away to college without losing touch with their parents. Just go on and plan your life.

The situation is self-limiting anyways, there's no need for you to end or "manage" the situation. Anyways, its inappropriate for you to do so, this is part of her learning to grow up and model in socially acceptable ways.

The psychiatrist you tried to see (did you?) might have said something along those lines when declining to see her.