Shuttle PC Won't Power Up

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Twinsen, May 20, 2007.

1. Twinsen

Twinsen OT Supporter

So I'm finally getting my car computer back together after finding a used LCD after my last one went sour. Only thing is that I'm now having a problem with my Shuttle PC. I've actually BEEN having this problem, but I'm just now trying to fix it.

Anyway, basically for whatever reason, it refuses to power up. I want to put the blame on the PSU, but I'm not 100% sure, so I'm getting a 2nd opinion. What happens when you plug it up and try to power it on, the LED will just blink once and then cut off. The motherboard LED will stay lit, but won't power on. I've tried switching the cable out and the cable works fine with other PCs, so it isn't the cable.

When I FIRST started troubleshooting, it actually powered on normally after I switched the cable out, which is when I thought it was the cable and thought my problem was solved. I cut it off and back on three times, but I didn't have a HDD hooked up to it so I couldn't actually see what it was doing. So I hooked up my HDD, and it started doing the blink shit again. Sometimes it doesn't do even that, just does nothing.

Ideas? PSU? Something else? I haven't messed with any of the jumper settings on the mobo at all either so...

2. Hate Crime

Hate Crime Don't Hate OT Supporter

PSU or motherboard. Most likely the PSU.

3. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Definitely sounds like the PSU. Shuttle XPCs don't come with the best PSUs.