Shure ec2s are all treble

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Background Music, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Background Music

Background Music I have a love/hate relationship with love and hate

Like absolutely no bass coming from these things. I'm not using the foam inserts, just the soft black ones but it doesn't sound good at all.

Are they defective? :hsd:

2. eighteen_psi

eighteen_psi Active Member

Needs a deeper fit and a tighter seal. Clean up your ears, lick them and shove em in. They can pump out the bottom just fine. They won't match a full size phone with some power behind it but they won't disappoint vs. buds either.

3. dbman96

dbman96 Active Member

you're not doing it right.

if you're having trouble getting them seated right, try pulling up on your upper earlobe while you insert the earpiece, then release after they're all the way in.

or try the foam inserts, which you need to pinch down as much as possible with your fingers, then stick them in and hold them in place until the foam expands out again.

4. Bowers & Wilkins

Bowers & Wilkins New Member

if this is from a computer, check the EQ...when my settings for my grado's were set to "headphone" it was all treble and rolled off at around 60 hz

5. eighteen_psi

While obviously you don't want that....60hz is pretty damn deep bass :squint: Most phones don't have meaningful output that low anyway.

6. natelam

natelam New Member

pull out on your ear while pushing the phone into your canal. You'll notice a huge difference.

7. emorphien

emorphien New Member

erm, plenty of headphones may begin rolling off at that point some, but can still provide noticeable output below 60Hz, 60Hz isn't that low

8. eighteen_psi

My point wasn't that you want <60Hz cut, it was that this is not the issue at hand here. I cross my component set in my car at 63/24dB and if I lose the subs you'll still get enough bottom on bass-heavy stuff to make your vision blur. AKA not even slightly 'all treble' - that + canal phones = fit is teh suck.