Shure E2C sound isolating Earphones

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Lacuta, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Lacuta

Lacuta :OG:

[​IMG]

Well I just recieved these to go along with my Mp3 player. I have to say that I'm impressed, but not blown away. These things retail at $99, but you can get them for $65 with free shipping from buy.com.

The foam tips offer a fit feel, as well as a fair amount of sound isolation from outside noise. Rubber soft tips can be used as well. The foam and rubber tips each come in 3 different sizes each to fit depending on the user.

The sound quality is crisp for the most part, however the bass is somewhat lacking (note that you will still get better base response and quality than most earbuds). I do have to admit that you will hear more out of a song than you would with regular headphones/speakers/earbuds -- which is this product's high point.

Overall, if you're looking for a higher-quality earbud, I would most definetly recommend the Shure E2C's. The sale price is hard to beat, and it would be hard to find anything else with its value.

2. above & beyond

above & beyond No One on Earth

i got my pair yesterday. no complaints, i love them.

if you are yelling for your life beside me, sorry cant hear ya. -_-

3. Ardentfrost

Ardentfrost Jesus is so f*kin' metal

do they block out surrounding noise by having a secure fit in your ear, or do they have the noise reduction things in them (where they play the opposite of the surrounding noise to deaden it)?

They look interesting, that's for sure. Might score a pair for my iPod since my two-year-old stock ear buds are due to be upgraded ;)

4. above & beyond

above & beyond No One on Earth

they block out sound. they dont cancel out anything.

5. MrFaldyn

MrFaldyn MrFaldyn

my left headphone doesn't work anymore and i don't have a credit card to send them in to get repaired :greddy:

6. guru220

guru220 Everybody to the limit!

got mine last summer and during school used them daily.
    my latest use is at a race i can listen to the radio commentary over the roar of engines as they pass by. that way the engine noise doenst distroy my ears and i can still hear whats goin on.

7. ImDrunkAgain

ImDrunkAgain Resident Mental Health Counselor

have had mine since January and no complaints about them yet... work so well, I love them