SRS Showing Emotion

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Gibles, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Gibles

Gibles the funny thing about my back is....

It's really hard for me to express emotion and it's starting to effect my relationship with my gf. I want to so bad and I try, but things don't always come out right. Does anyone else have this problem? How can I fix it? I feel that as long as I'm like this, I will never be happy.

2. Spinkick

Spinkick Active Member

Yes, I am predisposed to be the same way. Now that you realize its a problem the rest is easy. Just make a conscious effort to say how you feel and eventually you will be more comfortable with it. I feel that the hardest part of not showing emotion is the fact that you do not really realize it. Just concentrate on creating communication and you will be good to go. I used to think that not showing emotion was somehow a good thing. But really if you have the sheilds up all the time, good things cant come back to you as well.

3. Spaceering

Spaceering I bite.

quit wanting to so bad and trying so hard. Acting natural is the best. If you naturally show less emotion, and the girl dislikes it, then there is another girl out there waiting for just your amount of emotion shown.

4. Spinkick

Spinkick Active Member

There is nothing wrong with showing emotion in a relationship. Its healthy to share how you are feeling.

5. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

Fuck, want some of mine? I show too much emotion. I think I'd be the worlds worst poker player.

6. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Showing emotion is something that happens naturally. Not showing emotion is the learned behavior that requires effort to accomplish. Look at babies; they hide nothing, until they're taught as they grow up to keep their emotions inside most of the time. I'm guessing you didn't have a lot of experiences in your life where it was safe to show your emotions, so you don't have much practice relaxing.

The best I can come up with is:

1. Do you trust your girlfriend not to be a bitch about how you really feel?

2. If so, then tell her you're not very good at "letting it out", and sometimes you're going to instinctively tighten up at the last second, and that's what causes the weird mixed signals she's getting. Tell her you don't mean it, and apologize sincerely every time it happens.

You'll find out quickly whether she can handle it or not, and if she can't, it's not your fault, it's hers; after all, you were already honest about the situation with her, she knows the score.

7. no lol today

no lol today Soy la bailarina de la muerta. OT Supporter

How do things not come out right?

Do you mean that people just don't interpret your words to mean what you intend? Does your mind do backflips in stead of making words for you to say? Does your mouth physically not function to form the words?

Please elaborate. Your statement was very general.

Maybe I should infer something from that.

8. trek65

trek65 New Member

this happened in one of my relationships, I just wasnt happy showing that much more emotion so eventually just left