Show me examples of good lighting

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Movendi, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Movendi

Movendi Techno-süchtige

Need some ideas :x:

*With brick in particular

2. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

i really like sconces with brick, but it'd be harder to use in a smaller, confined space. i like it for the indoor/outdoor feel, which opens the space up

are you looking for a wall, ceiling, or free-standing fixture?

3. Movendi

Movendi Techno-süchtige

Ceiling most importantly since I only have one obtrusive lightbulb sticking out in the middle of my room. I want to have recessed lighting that can change direction and have it create a relaxing mood. I think candles on sconces would add the underground look and will be good for intimate moments. But i'm having a hard time planning out the placement of the lights.

http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa167/Movendi/room/

[​IMG]

The problem here is how to get around that ceiling fixture so i can have recessed lights projecting the right downward shadow effect for my decks?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  4. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

recessed lighting would be a HUGE undertaking, and that's even if the ceiling allows for it seeing how you need a lot of clearance above the drywall, and would have to do a decent amount of wiring

my next recommendation would be track lighting, but your room is normal height if i remember correctly (~8'), and track lighting is very directional and doesn't do the best job of lighting the most area and covering the space evenly with light

unless track lighting is your thing and what i described above is what you're looking for, i'd probably go with just any good dome lighting fixture for function. i hope you know how to wire for one though :hs:

5. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

he's gotta go with track lighting.

sorta the same issue I'm having.

You can even pick up kits that aren't hard-wired :o