GUN Show and tell

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ShackleMeNot, Sep 9, 2004.

1. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

I took some pics yesterday of my social rifle and a few other guns.

This gun has about 4 or 5 thousand rounds through it. It has never had a malfunction that wasn't set up purposely for demonstration or training.

Bushmaster A1 upper w/AK brake. Surefire integral light, ARMS #39, Aimpoint, Sully stock, single point CQB Solutions (now Specter Gear) sling, Hogue grip, first gen Magpul.
    [​IMG]

My Colt preban that I’m looking forward to being worth about $800 less in 4 days. It’s a Sporter Lightweight (6530). One of the few preban ARs that came without a bayo lug from the factory. Pretty much stock except for the flash suppressor.
    [​IMG]

Yeah I'm a Glock advocate but I also own some non-plastic pistols.
    Sig 228
    [​IMG]

I've been function testing EFMJ (Expanding Full Metal Jacket) 9mm ammo but the jury is still out so it isn't what I currently carry. It is a nice option if any of you live in NJ or other places that restrict your use of hollow points for defense. Just thought I'd share a pic in case some of you hadn't seen it before.
    [​IMG]

2. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

Just the p99 with some Speer GD
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

hate to bust your bubble, but the jury already came back. when ammolabs tested the EFMJ, it sucked. it had expansion, but because the filler material filled the gaps between the jacket expansions, there was nothing to actually TEAR flesh, just push it out of the way. it'd make a better round than a regular FMJ, yes. but NOT if you can use HP's. not at all. i can't remember the penetration on those things, and ammolab.com is gone now (don't know why), but if it's good, then ok. if it's less than 12", ditch that shit for some FMJ's.

4. soccaian

soccaian New Member

5. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

No bubble bursting here… I am not testing terminal ballistics for EFMJ. I'm function testing it. I already know everything I need to know about its ballistic properties.

It is superior to normal FMJ which is why I advocated it for people who live in areas that specifically ban the use of hollow point ammunition.