Shoulder surgery?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Mariners, Jun 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mariners

Mariners Bаnned bу Ѕuреr Μоdеrаtоrs

Hey guys

I'm getting arthroscopic surgery on my right shoulder to repair a torn labrum next week, and I was kind of wondering who here has had it and what the recovery time was? They said 4-6 weeks in a sling, but I want to know how long I'll not be able to work (I run a school gym, it's not hard manual labor or anything, I can do it with one arm)

any help? :wavey:

2. Hobo

Hobo Guest

My pops had arthro for his RC, it was a lot faster recovery time than his other shoulder that they had to open up. I think he was back to doing cardio after 2-3 weeks, so I imagine with no real lifting and not to many pain pills i bet you will be good to go before 6 weeks.

3. Frazz

Frazz New Member

last feb 28th i had that. rehab sounds about right for it. GET the nerve block - you WILL regret it if you do not choose to do so. I also had a torn bicep and a torn rotator cuff so i cant really speak for recovery time but a few pieces of advice- DO the rehab, dont slack off cuz its easy or boring or you dont see a point in it (i did and regreted it when i had a longer recovery plan), I had pins put in (i dont know how bad yours are) but if you get them also make sure to get the ones that dont set off metal detectors unless you want a world of trouble whenever you go anywhere with detectors, try to use the pain meds as little as possible - i know its hard because it hurts like a son of a bitch but its better then getting addicted. got any other questions or concerns PM me... oh btw 18 months post surgery i dont regret getting it done and am bigger and stronger than ever

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.