Shoulder Problems

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Redsand187, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redsand187

Redsand187 OT Supporter

I'm a skinny dude, always have been. I don't wish to be huge, but would like to build up my arms and chest a little bit. But my big problem is my left shoulder.

Whenever I do anything like bench presses or push ups my left shoulder pops, like you would pop your knuckles. Afterwards, I have a slight pain in my shoulder, nothing real serious, but does not feel normal, or as well as my right shoulder. I don't think I have ever injured my shoulder to my knowledge, and the only thing I can possibly relate it to, which I don't think really relates, is when I was born, they broke my collar-bone. For pretty much as long as I remember, I have had this problem though.

I have no problems with my shoulder with my day to day activities, so it really hasn't concerned me. But I am curious if anyone has ever had a similar problem, or has an idea what would cause it.

I remember asking my chiropractor about it before, but he really didn't answer my questions... that guy is a douche bag anyways though.

2. Man Bear Pig

Man Bear Pig Banned

Chiropractors are full of shit. Period. Dot. Secondly you need to a doctor if it is really that much of a concern. Or an orthopedic or get a consult with a physical therapist.

3. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

How wide is your grip on bench press and your hand-position on pushups? If you combine a really wide grip/stance with poor scapula mobility/positioning, then it puts your shoulder in a really shitty position and stuff like this happens.

Pull your shoulderblades back while you do pressing movements. Also try doing some face pulls. These helped my shoulder problems a lot, along with doing good warmups (wave your arms in circles, do some foam roller stuff to loosen/mobilize your spine, and do some pushups) before any pushing movements (even legs).

4. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

stfu.

I have an MRI that shows a wonderfull case of bad bursitis...so bad that doctors wanted to scrape the inflammation buildup. I went to an ART practitioner, and after 12 treatments I was 100%. I need to go back like twice per year for my shoulder issues, but always leave with the problem fixed. www.activerelease.com

5. Man Bear Pig

Man Bear Pig Banned

Notice the words get a consult with an orthopedic or Physical Therapist. Chiropractors are not physical therapists and is mostly bogus.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.