shoulder pain, feeling of lactic acid build up?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by SteveO, May 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveO

SteveO Guest

I know many people on here experience lots of pain in their shoulders, but this one is just about to kill me. I had another shitty chest workout today because of it. I feel like an abundance of lactic acid is building up and fatigue just hits the roof at any amount of reps. Like holding my arm infront of me for a couple seconds will actually make it tired... is this basically the start of an injury? I just took off a week to see if it goes away, but that was just about pointless. It's a very dull ongoing pain, and only in my left shoulder

any ideas without spending countless dollars on an MRI

2. SteveO

SteveO Guest

I knew it, fuck

3. SteveO

SteveO Guest

hahahah! I have the busiest life ever, not using it for 14 days IS impossible.

4. SteveO

SteveO Guest

light reps make it hurt more if anything..... ugh this is hopeless trying to diagnose it over here. If someone has had a similar problem, just let me know

5. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

A
    R
    T

6. SteveO

SteveO Guest

active recovery therapy? :confused:

7. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

8. ND379

ND379 New Member

do you stretch? i thought streching was suppose to help release lactic acid

9. SteveO

SteveO Guest

18 miles away, good deal. Do you have any experience with it?

10. SteveO

SteveO Guest

I don't know how to stretch my shoulder, but yes I do shoulder rolls occasionally (if that's stretching)

11. ND379

ND379 New Member

they have this machine at my gym that you sit on and do all sorts of weird shit and it stretches you...to do the shoulders you sit on it, lean back while keeping your arms on the handles crisscrossed, then switch. :dunno:

12. SteveO

SteveO Guest

never heard of it. I do need to stretch more. Starting tomorrow... I think everyone says that

13. ND379

ND379 New Member

find a pole and grab it with both hands, bend your neck down and arc your back and you should feel some stretch in your shoulders.

14. D

D A guiltless state of self awareness.. The process

Massage therapy rules to reduce stress, increase blood circulation and relieve muscle tension caused from work/personal stress or hard workouts at the gym. Massage eliminates muscle stiffness due to excess lactic acid buildup you experience every trip to the gym. Also reduces your muscles recovery time from intense workouts. It allows your muscles to rejuvenate faster.

I've been seeing a myotherapist. Unbelievable, they can work uric acid, lactic acid, & calcifications out of your body.
    My buddy is a certified myofascial trigger point therapist. They also treat the muscles that pull your spine out of alignment.
    That, & chiropracter = *sigh* relief.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.